An ad on Reddit is selling this by prescription??

Gr33dyOctopus

Explorer
Joined
Nov 9, 2025
Messages
608
Reaction score
0
Location
Federal way wa
This ad turned up in my Reddit feed. People are some ballsy mfer's. First, Reddit let that ad through, and for 2, couldnt they end up behind bars over this? Or is there something I am missing?



530764aaced68a2a459923b198fef064fa3fed8535553577ab50436823658392.webp
 
That's wild, I haven't run into that one so far. Could it be that they've removed it? Honestly, it seems to me they simply collect cash from promoters without bothering to review their ads.
 
Reta is what got me started, and it happened through a different company, yet the whole routine was the same. An IG ad led me there. A telehealth-style service ran through the usual intake: questions about my weight loss goals, health history, and other standard items.

A 1mg/wk supply of Reta for a month was prescribed to me. A licensed Nurse Practitioner was attached to the operation and did the “prescribing.” A 503a compounding pharmacy filled it and sent it straight to my door already mixed. Ice packs, syringes, and alcohol wipes were all included, and the packaging was done very well.

The prescription paperwork states it is not FDA approved, but the vial itself carries no “for research purposes only” wording. The prescription may have had that language, though I threw the paperwork away. Month 1 came at a discount, and after that they wanted $399/mo.

A titration plan was set: 1mg/wk for month 1, 2mg/wk for month 2, then an increase of 2mg each month.

To be honest, this is what I picture once official approval happens. Getting in is simple, and they ran it smoothly. The only “downside” was no COA, but since it is a licensed 503a pharmacy located in the US, I would assume they have standards they must keep.
 
gimmeshelter said:

I cannot be. The product is not on the market. How is that legal?
There is nothing lawful about this—zero. A lawsuit and a shutdown are likely headed their way. What really grinds my gears is the double standard from Reddit's leadership. They'll happily run ads for peptides and shady vendors nonstop, yet the moment you bring those same things up, you're looking at a ban or a removed post—best case scenario.

On top of that, how they enforce the rules swings wildly from one sub to another, even when the subject matter is identical. Not long ago, a MOD messaged me demanding I redo a post from 4 MONTHS earlier, switching it to third person—something like "My RS took X"—or else it would be taken down. My response? I deleted the post and bailed on that sub. What a bunch of jerks.
 
Chili777 said:

gimmeshelter said:

I cannot be. The product is not on the market. How is that legal?
There is nothing lawful about this—zero. A lawsuit and a shutdown are likely headed their way. What really grinds my gears is the double standard from Reddit's leadership. They'll happily run ads for peptides and shady vendors nonstop, yet the moment you bring those same things up, you're looking at a ban or a removed post—best case scenario.

On top of that, how they enforce the rules swings wildly from one sub to another, even when the subject matter is identical. Not long ago, a MOD messaged me demanding I redo a post from 4 MONTHS earlier, switching it to third person—something like "My RS took X"—or else it would be taken down. My response? I deleted the post and bailed on that sub. What a bunch of jerks.
Yeah, that post definitely points toward a business that will either rip people off or charge 10x too much. Reddit seems partly run by AI too, so what gets banned versus allowed feels pretty random.
 
Chili777 said:

gimmeshelter said:

I cannot be. The product is not on the market. How is that legal?
There is nothing lawful about this—zero. A lawsuit and a shutdown are likely headed their way. What really grinds my gears is the double standard from Reddit's leadership. They'll happily run ads for peptides and shady vendors nonstop, yet the moment you bring those same things up, you're looking at a ban or a removed post—best case scenario.

On top of that, how they enforce the rules swings wildly from one sub to another, even when the subject matter is identical. Not long ago, a MOD messaged me demanding I redo a post from 4 MONTHS earlier, switching it to third person—something like "My RS took X"—or else it would be taken down. My response? I deleted the post and bailed on that sub. What a bunch of jerks.
The sole subject I ever dove into on that platform was an extended subreddit about Pripyat/Chernobyl. It's been a few years since I last visited.

SeaGypsy said:

How can a 503 pharmacy compound something that hasn't been approved yet?
They likely aren't, and they're probably obtaining it from the same sources we use, then just changing the label.
 
On IG I've come across ads like that too, and it makes me ask why the FDA wouldn't go after them — both for making that kind of false claim and for selling a product labeled research purposes only while keeping that fact hidden. Off to the side: the peptide and Reta subs on Reddit are toxic to an extreme degree. Still, someone kind dropped a hint about this forum, which brought me here, and I'm thankful for it. Everything I picked up here gave me what I needed to finally take the plunge into Reta.
 
This is pretty much the path that led me into peptides. My mom began using reta last month, supplied by her naturopath. I grew wary because she's involved in MLM, and then she was handing out research chemicals. This person is a longtime "friend" of my mom's, and she was taking $350 a month from her to run blood work and provide four pre-drawn syringes of reta at an unspecified dose (turned out to be 1mg). It took several weeks to pull mom away from that, and now she gets it: no compounding pharmacy was ever involved at any point.

Even so, she keeps sending people to this quack bitch, who happens to be a healthcare professional and phones in prescriptions for people while also injecting them with research chemicals and misrepresenting where those chemicals come from.

The site supplying them is "AlphaBioMedLabs.com," and they run a compounding pharmacy under a similar name to make it look legitimate. I doubt the lady even realizes it all originates from China, and she doesn't seem to care. They've got some sort of referral scheme and a "legitimate" looking sign up process for soccer moms who catch on, they join in the downline and receive kickbacks and "wholesale" prices (hundred dollar single vials).
 
BlatantlyObviousXL said:

On IG I've come across ads like that too, and it makes me ask why the FDA wouldn't go after them — both for making that kind of false claim and for selling a product labeled research purposes only while keeping that fact hidden. Off to the side: the peptide and Reta subs on Reddit are toxic to an extreme degree. Still, someone kind dropped a hint about this forum, which brought me here, and I'm thankful for it. Everything I picked up here gave me what I needed to finally take the plunge into Reta.
Could have been me!

Every so often I visit r/peptideguide and attempt to offer folks somewhat useful guidance. Whenever someone strikes me as reasonable, I tend to send a fast DM nudging them in this direction, simply because Reddit is full of so much nonsense regarding peptides!
 
Back
Top