Am I overdoing it with notes? What else is worth tracking?

Ruckus4519

Explorer
Joined
Jan 12, 2026
Messages
119
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Am I being way too much of a dork for keeping records of my research lmao

I'm thinking about writing down the date I reconstituted every vial, plus the first time I puncture each aliquot, and the date/why I toss it (completed vs. NASTY DISGUSTING EWWWW vs. dropped/broke it). Might also log how many days have passed since reconstitution.

Then for each aliquot, should I jot down when I injected?

No idea what other things to track.

For my routine, I plan to check weight and measurements on the morning of injection day. Currently that's Saturdays. Still don't have a smart scale.

I did get DEXA and labs, but it's only CBC, CMP, lipids, HbA1c, and thyroid stuff. I didn't think to check for iron, or vitamins, or anything else.
 
Is it too nerdy of me to keep a log of my research lol

I'm thinking about writing down the date I mixed up each vial, the date I first stick a needle into each aliquot to use it, and the date I throw it out along with the reason (used up vs. GROSS NASTY EWWWW vs. dropped and broke). Might also record how many days have passed since it was mixed.

Then for each aliquot, should I jot down when I injected?

I'm not sure what other data to log.

For my schedule, I plan to check weight and measurements on the morning of injection day. Currently that's Saturdays. I still haven't bought a smart scale.

I did get DEXA and bloodwork done, but it only covers CBC, CMP, lipids, HbA1c, and thyroid panel. It didn't occur to me to test iron, vitamins, or anything beyond that.
 
Keeping records is a core piece of doing scientific work.

That sounds fine to me. I keep a journal where I write down each calculation, and I add a date and time to every reconstitution. On top of that, I make small labels for the vials showing the date, dosages, concentrations, ECT.

I also map things out in advance using a paper calendar.
 
I'm constantly jotting things down in my notes app — taking notes is something I really enjoy.

That seems like a solid plan, dude.

Here's what I'd suggest:

Write down the day you reconstitute a vial, and also write down the day you first opened your BAC water vial — this matters a lot if you're reconstituting several times with that same BAC water across days or weeks.

what does aliquot mean? could you break that down for me?
 
Turbo-Farmer said:

Keeping records is a core piece of doing scientific work.

That sounds fine to me. I keep a journal where I write down each calculation, and I add a date and time to every reconstitution. On top of that, I make small labels for the vials showing the date, dosages, concentrations, ECT.

I also map things out in advance using a paper calendar.
Which details should be recorded there? Injection days, the amount dosed?

Cyberpunk said:

I'm constantly jotting things down in my notes app — taking notes is something I really enjoy.

That seems like a solid plan, dude.

Here's what I'd suggest:

Write down the day you reconstitute a vial, and also write down the day you first opened your BAC water vial — this matters a lot if you're reconstituting several times with that same BAC water across days or weeks.

what does aliquot mean? could you break that down for me?
By aliquot I simply mean the vials that result from filtering. I say it that way since filtering is my preference, and I wanted a clear distinction between the original vials and the ones that are reconstituted and filtered.
 
From one nerd to another: geek out!!!! Research is documentation. This is entirely for you. Do it in whatever way suits you.

I jot down all kinds of things I want to monitor in my journey.
 
For the past 10 months, I've recorded each peptide dose in a txt file on my computer. The file includes dates, side effects, weights, dose changes and the reasons behind them, plus markers showing when I began a given thing so I can locate it later.
 
I log each day what I've used and at what dose. Without that record, my weak memory would simply lose track, and that road leads only to chaos.
 
Ruckus4519 said:

Is it too nerdy of me to keep a log of my research lol

I'm thinking about writing down the date I mixed up each vial, the date I first stick a needle into each aliquot to use it, and the date I throw it out along with the reason (used up vs. GROSS NASTY EWWWW vs. dropped and broke). Might also record how many days have passed since it was mixed.

Then for each aliquot, should I jot down when I injected?

I'm not sure what other data to log.

For my schedule, I plan to check weight and measurements on the morning of injection day. Currently that's Saturdays. I still haven't bought a smart scale.

I did get DEXA and bloodwork done, but it only covers CBC, CMP, lipids, HbA1c, and thyroid panel. It didn't occur to me to test iron, vitamins, or anything beyond that.
Turns out my records were too sparse.

Which vendor, which batch, the amount used for reconstitution. Where I pinned, whether ISR showed up, and whatever methods I attempted to resolve ISR.

Side effects: how do they line up against blood levels?

Those are the main gaps I ran into.
 
Ruckus4519 said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

Keeping records is a core piece of doing scientific work.

That sounds fine to me. I keep a journal where I write down each calculation, and I add a date and time to every reconstitution. On top of that, I make small labels for the vials showing the date, dosages, concentrations, ECT.

I also map things out in advance using a paper calendar.
Which details should be recorded there? Injection days, the amount dosed?

Cyberpunk said:

I'm constantly jotting things down in my notes app — taking notes is something I really enjoy.

That seems like a solid plan, dude.

Here's what I'd suggest:

Write down the day you reconstitute a vial, and also write down the day you first opened your BAC water vial — this matters a lot if you're reconstituting several times with that same BAC water across days or weeks.

what does aliquot mean? could you break that down for me?
By aliquot I simply mean the vials that result from filtering. I say it that way since filtering is my preference, and I wanted a clear distinction between the original vials and the ones that are reconstituted and filtered.
Before starting anything new, I map the whole thing out on a calendar. Say a protocol calls for 3x week — I'll lay out every week through to the finish, noting what goes into each week, the amount drawn from every vial, and the total number of vials needed.
 
I skipped all of that out of laziness and a lack of organization, though looking back I regret it — that kind of data would have been neat to have.
 
In Excel I track a bunch of stuff: injection dates, how much I pin, body weight, fat percentage, which vendor it came from, the mg on the vial, total mg according to the COA, BAC mg, reconstitution dates, the pin mg conversion after reconstitution for R50 and above, plus the expected number of pins per vial.

My smart scale syncs to an app, and from there I move weight and fat into Excel.
 
ambot88 said:

I skipped all of that out of laziness and a lack of organization, though looking back I regret it — that kind of data would have been neat to have.
Beginning at any point is fine.

The biggest advantage comes when you work through an entire kit: you only have to run the numbers once for 10 reconstitutions.
 
Honestly, your approach sounds a lot closer to genuine research than what I'm doing. Right now I'm just running on vibes.

We just had a baby, and thanks to the sleep deprivation I genuinely can't remember whether I injected my BPC this morning. Maybe jotting it down would actually be useful 🤣
 
I love a good spreadsheet. Dates, how much I draw, where I pin, how much I take, who it came from, what it cost, any sides, measurements — all of it goes in. Then again, I'm a real chemist/nerd who does real research, so that just comes with the job. Knowledge is leverage, after all. Switching things up makes no sense when you don't even know what you're switching or why.

This place hits me like cat nip, honestly — it just feeds my obsession. 😎
 
Ruckus4519 said:

Is it too nerdy of me to keep a log of my research lol

I'm thinking about writing down the date I mixed up each vial, the date I first stick a needle into each aliquot to use it, and the date I throw it out along with the reason (used up vs. GROSS NASTY EWWWW vs. dropped and broke). Might also record how many days have passed since it was mixed.

Then for each aliquot, should I jot down when I injected?

I'm not sure what other data to log.

For my schedule, I plan to check weight and measurements on the morning of injection day. Currently that's Saturdays. I still haven't bought a smart scale.

I did get DEXA and bloodwork done, but it only covers CBC, CMP, lipids, HbA1c, and thyroid panel. It didn't occur to me to test iron, vitamins, or anything beyond that.
It's a must. My phone calendar holds it all: 10mg reta, 2mg sema.... the following day: 5mg mots c , then the next: 5mg tirz for da bride.... plus I put labels on the vials and the kit because roughly a month in, I either end up really liking it or feeling let down by that kit, and the only problem is I've forgotten which vendor it came from, so it gets tagged "WBS 5/25....Same goes for bac water, I mark it with my 20 dollar printer "opened 3/15"
 
I maintain a calendar that I keep current, recording the amounts and types of everything I've taken along with what's scheduled next. If the plan shifts, I navigate to the date when the change takes effect, modify "this and following events," and make the switch. That way, I always have a history of what was going on.
 
Foggy-Hollow said:

Ruckus4519 said:

Is it too nerdy of me to keep a log of my research lol

I'm thinking about writing down the date I mixed up each vial, the date I first stick a needle into each aliquot to use it, and the date I throw it out along with the reason (used up vs. GROSS NASTY EWWWW vs. dropped and broke). Might also record how many days have passed since it was mixed.

Then for each aliquot, should I jot down when I injected?

I'm not sure what other data to log.

For my schedule, I plan to check weight and measurements on the morning of injection day. Currently that's Saturdays. I still haven't bought a smart scale.

I did get DEXA and bloodwork done, but it only covers CBC, CMP, lipids, HbA1c, and thyroid panel. It didn't occur to me to test iron, vitamins, or anything beyond that.
Turns out my records were too sparse.

Which vendor, which batch, the amount used for reconstitution. Where I pinned, whether ISR showed up, and whatever methods I attempted to resolve ISR.

Side effects: how do they line up against blood levels?

Those are the main gaps I ran into.
How do you keep your inventory sorted...? Got any pointers? I've just got 1 pep, everything else is supplies, though I picked up a whole box of needles for recon and wow, recon plus filtering burns through a lot of them. I'm trying to work out the smartest way to arrange it all so I can tell what needs restocking. (My usual BAC source sold out... Tiktok found them 😭 )
 
CranberryRocker said:

I love a good spreadsheet. Dates, how much I draw, where I pin, how much I take, who it came from, what it cost, any sides, measurements — all of it goes in. Then again, I'm a real chemist/nerd who does real research, so that just comes with the job. Knowledge is leverage, after all. Switching things up makes no sense when you don't even know what you're switching or why.

This place hits me like cat nip, honestly — it just feeds my obsession. 😎
One thing I completely overlooked in my records: expenses and how the money moved. Going back to fill that in shouldn't be too hard, but it's going to sting. I had some crypto parked in Solana before it dropped to 79 🙄 Rookie mistake.

Still, I want to log injection site doses, just in case any ISRs show up. I drew out a 2x2 square, and I'm hoping 4 weeks is enough for full healing. Anyway, what are the chances of landing on the EXACT same spot as before right?
 
Ruckus4519 said:

Foggy-Hollow said:

Ruckus4519 said:

Is it too nerdy of me to keep a log of my research lol

I'm thinking about writing down the date I mixed up each vial, the date I first stick a needle into each aliquot to use it, and the date I throw it out along with the reason (used up vs. GROSS NASTY EWWWW vs. dropped and broke). Might also record how many days have passed since it was mixed.

Then for each aliquot, should I jot down when I injected?

I'm not sure what other data to log.

For my schedule, I plan to check weight and measurements on the morning of injection day. Currently that's Saturdays. I still haven't bought a smart scale.

I did get DEXA and bloodwork done, but it only covers CBC, CMP, lipids, HbA1c, and thyroid panel. It didn't occur to me to test iron, vitamins, or anything beyond that.
Turns out my records were too sparse.

Which vendor, which batch, the amount used for reconstitution. Where I pinned, whether ISR showed up, and whatever methods I attempted to resolve ISR.

Side effects: how do they line up against blood levels?

Those are the main gaps I ran into.
How do you keep your inventory sorted...? Got any pointers? I've just got 1 pep, everything else is supplies, though I picked up a whole box of needles for recon and wow, recon plus filtering burns through a lot of them. I'm trying to work out the smartest way to arrange it all so I can tell what needs restocking. (My usual BAC source sold out... Tiktok found them 😭 )
So that's why I've been building a stockpile of Reta and the gear that goes with it. I'm after 4 kits, each vial at least 30mg. Everything stays in its original packaging, tucked inside a cabinet in the garage. In the freezer I've got 2 bins for my supplies, and each one is tagged with the source, the vial size, and the dates I received them. That $16 label maker I grabbed on Amazon is surprisingly great.
 
Back
Top