Omxxl said:
testyonenow42 said:
En mi caso, les he contado abiertamente a mis amistades que tomo este medicamento y cómo ha modificado mi manera de beber. Tal vez podrían optar por pedir algo tipo agua tónica con lima, porque pasa más desapercibido como una bebida. Si sus amigos no aceptan que están haciendo cambios positivos, entonces hay un problema más de fondo. ¡Les deseo mucha suerte!
Además, tengan presente que mi español es bastante deficiente, por lo que esto lo traduje en línea.
sorry
Hello
For close to 3 months, I'd stayed away from alcohol. Then yesterday, while out with friends, I drank 1 beer plus 2 glasses of wine. The result was horrible. I woke up with a splitting headache, as though I were dealing with an enormous hangover.
I realize my liver is handling fatty acid release via the glutathione pathway, yet the reaction is severe enough that even a small amount of alcohol hits me hard.
Quitting drinking is the plan, and honestly it's what I want, but in social settings — like what happened yesterday — I sometimes felt pressured to join in so I wouldn't come across as odd.
Going forward, I'll either tell people I'm not feeling well or skip the outing altogether, because sitting in a pub where everyone else is drinking while I sip water or Diet Coke feels genuinely awkward.
Does anyone have tips for handling these moments? How do you all manage?