Air bubbles keep clinging to the syringe wall

blueandazure

Explorer
Joined
Jan 4, 2026
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
Bangkok
Is this something others run into as well? I try flicking the side and priming the syringe, yet some of them stay put. Any advice?
 
That's normal, no need to stress. If it helps you relax, check out the amount of air required before any issues would occur. That's what calmed me down.
 
For SQ injections, a small bubble is nothing to worry about. What I do is either expel the big ones, or after drawing the dose I'll take in a bit more air and then push it out.
 
Here's how I handle it. Pull the plunger back to your dose while the needle is outside the vial, then insert it into the vial and draw back to your dose again. I typically overshoot by about 1 mg so I have room to deal with any larger bubbles, then push down to the exact amount needed. Like others said, the tiny ones don't matter much. Go slowly when drawing, particularly with a small 30-31 needle.
 
It seems like the syringe itself must be the cause. Perhaps the interior texture varies between syringes. For a year, across hundreds of syringes, this never happened to me—until I moved to the more widely used needles, replacing the generic Amazon ones.

My approach is just to roll, flick, and flip until those stubborn bubbles join into one, then I can expel them. A tiny bit of air probably isn't a problem for subq anyway.
 
Back
Top