Adapter for Phomemo D30 label rolls?

pepshi

Explorer
Joined
Feb 17, 2026
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Is there any kind of adapter made for the roll's inner section? A few rolls I got from amazon have an inner diameter that's noticeably larger than what the original has, and that's leading to misfeeds. I'm wondering if a 3d printed option exists out there.
 
Mine works fine, thankfully. I've gone through a bunch of third-party labels, and a few of them don't even have an inner core. Could it be a different problem you're running into? At times the trick is to deceive the device regarding the label type so it advances correctly—but for me it's been smooth. Take my generic clear labels: unless I pretend they're gold foil of the same dimensions, the printer stops feeding at the middle of the label rather than the end.
 
AlexSilver said:

Mine works fine, thankfully. I've gone through a bunch of third-party labels, and a few of them don't even have an inner core. Could it be a different problem you're running into? At times the trick is to deceive the device regarding the label type so it advances correctly—but for me it's been smooth. Take my generic clear labels: unless I pretend they're gold foil of the same dimensions, the printer stops feeding at the middle of the label rather than the end.
Appreciate the tip, I'll test it out.... I already built an inner spacer and the issue persists, so the cause is probably different.
 
The problem seems tied to the spacing the printer believes exists between the labels on a given roll. Typically you just have to experiment. When the option I figure is right fails, I go back to the first entry for that size and work my way down the list. The label type itself makes no difference (holo, white, clear, etc). Since they're all direct thermal labels, every one of them prints identically.
 
AlexSilver said:

The problem seems tied to the spacing the printer believes exists between the labels on a given roll. Typically you just have to experiment. When the option I figure is right fails, I go back to the first entry for that size and work my way down the list. The label type itself makes no difference (holo, white, clear, etc). Since they're all direct thermal labels, every one of them prints identically.
When using rolls, do you select continuous or cut label in the settings?
 
pepshi said:

AlexSilver said:

The problem seems tied to the spacing the printer believes exists between the labels on a given roll. Typically you just have to experiment. When the option I figure is right fails, I go back to the first entry for that size and work my way down the list. The label type itself makes no difference (holo, white, clear, etc). Since they're all direct thermal labels, every one of them prints identically.
When using rolls, do you select continuous or cut label in the settings?
When a label comes with a specific shape and size, that means it falls under the cut label category. A continuous option, on the other hand, is simply 1 extremely long label — the entire roll counts as 1 label without any breaks.
 
AlexSilver said:

pepshi said:

AlexSilver said:

The problem seems tied to the spacing the printer believes exists between the labels on a given roll. Typically you just have to experiment. When the option I figure is right fails, I go back to the first entry for that size and work my way down the list. The label type itself makes no difference (holo, white, clear, etc). Since they're all direct thermal labels, every one of them prints identically.
When using rolls, do you select continuous or cut label in the settings?
When a label comes with a specific shape and size, that means it falls under the cut label category. A continuous option, on the other hand, is simply 1 extremely long label — the entire roll counts as 1 label without any breaks.
Got it, thank you! No matter what I do, it keeps failing. I can see what appears to be a chip or sensor at the point where the tape exits. Could the labels be sending some kind of signal to it?
 
pepshi said:

AlexSilver said:

pepshi said:

AlexSilver said:

The problem seems tied to the spacing the printer believes exists between the labels on a given roll. Typically you just have to experiment. When the option I figure is right fails, I go back to the first entry for that size and work my way down the list. The label type itself makes no difference (holo, white, clear, etc). Since they're all direct thermal labels, every one of them prints identically.
When using rolls, do you select continuous or cut label in the settings?
When a label comes with a specific shape and size, that means it falls under the cut label category. A continuous option, on the other hand, is simply 1 extremely long label — the entire roll counts as 1 label without any breaks.
Got it, thank you! No matter what I do, it keeps failing. I can see what appears to be a chip or sensor at the point where the tape exits. Could the labels be sending some kind of signal to it?

The printing is done by that thermal chip.
 
AlexSilver said:

pepshi said:

AlexSilver said:

pepshi said:

AlexSilver said:

The problem seems tied to the spacing the printer believes exists between the labels on a given roll. Typically you just have to experiment. When the option I figure is right fails, I go back to the first entry for that size and work my way down the list. The label type itself makes no difference (holo, white, clear, etc). Since they're all direct thermal labels, every one of them prints identically.
When using rolls, do you select continuous or cut label in the settings?
When a label comes with a specific shape and size, that means it falls under the cut label category. A continuous option, on the other hand, is simply 1 extremely long label — the entire roll counts as 1 label without any breaks.
Got it, thank you! No matter what I do, it keeps failing. I can see what appears to be a chip or sensor at the point where the tape exits. Could the labels be sending some kind of signal to it?

The printing is done by that thermal chip.
Haha alright, appreciate the explanation — that clears things up. I went ahead and bought labels from another brand, since people say they work well with the D30.... fingers crossed🤞
 
Back
Top