Accidentally Injected 3x My Usual Retatrutide Dose

drgnflydggr

Explorer
Joined
Jan 26, 2026
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
Chicago, IL
I started retatrutide back in January. My titration has been extremely gradual — I even went backward, dropping from 3mg down to 2.5mg, since 3mg hit me too hard with side effects. I've seen other members' stories about overshooting their intended amount, and each time I thought, that will never happen to me. Well, pride goeth before the fall, friends. Today called for my 2.5mg shot, but I spaced on the fact that a fresh vial needed reconstituting. I was dealing with a head cold, yet I went ahead anyway, mixed the vial, and administered my usual 2.5mg. Fine. Then I glanced at my retatrutide kit, noticed the 10, and thought, "Oh, crap, I reconstituted a 10mg vial instead of the 30mg vial I meant to. No problem. I'll just calculate my new dose and inject more." Chat - I saw the quantity and confused it with the dose.

So instead of the 2.5mg I planned, I've now taken 7.5mg of retatrutide today. Luckily, I have a good supply of ginger chews, electrolytes, and Zofran on hand. Just dreading the next 7-10 days. When I went up from 2.5 to 3, I had stopped KLOW. Now that I've been back on that peptide blend for roughly a week, I'm hoping it takes the edge off some of the dose-related GI inflammation.

Fingers crossed. I'll update this post as the week goes on. Wish me luck!
 
Hope everything turns out fine!

I made that same kind of mistake 1 week ago — I mixed up the units and the dose. Luckily for me, the mix-up meant I ended up taking less than I should have.

Since then, every pen I have carries a P-touch label showing the product, the dose, and the units.
 
deluge said:

Hope everything turns out fine!

I made that same kind of mistake 1 week ago — I mixed up the units and the dose. Luckily for me, the mix-up meant I ended up taking less than I should have.

Since then, every pen I have carries a P-touch label showing the product, the dose, and the units.
Thanks! Funny enough, I had just picked up my phone to print a fresh label when I caught the “dosing” mismatch. Labels really matter. Another big takeaway for me: going slower and avoiding multitasking when I’m not at 100%.

Thanks for the solidarity. <3
 
You likely won't have a bowel movement for some time, but there's no need to worry. It's smart that you already have electrolytes on hand.
 
At first, my vials were marked with mg/ml, such as 12:240 or 10:100. But I learned that my lazy brain just goes "tl;dr" and makes a wild guess. So going forward, I'll write them as 1:10 or 1:20 or something like that. The number of doses in the vial doesn't matter to me—I just use it until it's gone.

That should say mg/U above. If not, I'd be way off. H/T @drgnflydggr
 
myboysherman said:

At first, my vials were marked with mg/ml, such as 12:240 or 10:100. But I learned that my lazy brain just goes "tl;dr" and makes a wild guess. So going forward, I'll write them as 1:10 or 1:20 or something like that. The number of doses in the vial doesn't matter to me—I just use it until it's gone.

That should say mg/U above. If not, I'd be way off. H/T @drgnflydggr

What I usually put on my labels:

Name of medication

Strength (10 mg/ml)

Units conversion (10U = 1mg)

When it was mixed

Sadly, this time a label wouldn't have prevented anything - it happened mainly because I was careless, not thinking, and hurrying while sick with a cold. Perhaps over-confidence.
 
good luck soldier. once when i overdid it slightly, the violent vomiting was so forceful that i hurt my back. that happened with tirz though, i've never tried reta
 
Day Two: Appetite is gone, and there's a bit of nausea, though Zofran keeps it under control.

Since I had the day off, I spent it resting and watching "Designing Women" on Hulu. Oddly enough, my cold symptoms have improved today as well. In a few hours I'll hit peak serum concentration, but judging by how the climb has gone, I doubt much will change. I'm already far beyond any peak I've reached before. As for eating, I can get down a few spoonfuls of Greek yogurt every 2 hours or so.

The journey goes on. I appreciate everyone who left comments with advice and shared their own frustrations. According to the app I use, I'm at peak right now. 😬





c51755181ce1726cf6ccc86dc7b40f59d829fec62f825cbae7a3a4edb1c42b51.webp
 
drgnflydggr said:

Day Two: Appetite is gone, and there's a bit of nausea, though Zofran keeps it under control.

Since I had the day off, I spent it resting and watching "Designing Women" on Hulu. Oddly enough, my cold symptoms have improved today as well. In a few hours I'll hit peak serum concentration, but judging by how the climb has gone, I doubt much will change. I'm already far beyond any peak I've reached before. As for eating, I can get down a few spoonfuls of Greek yogurt every 2 hours or so.

The journey goes on. I appreciate everyone who left comments with advice and shared their own frustrations. According to the app I use, I'm at peak right now. 😬





View attachment 11556
Are you female?
 
drgnflydggr said:

Day Two: Appetite is gone, and there's a bit of nausea, though Zofran keeps it under control.

Since I had the day off, I spent it resting and watching "Designing Women" on Hulu. Oddly enough, my cold symptoms have improved today as well. In a few hours I'll hit peak serum concentration, but judging by how the climb has gone, I doubt much will change. I'm already far beyond any peak I've reached before. As for eating, I can get down a few spoonfuls of Greek yogurt every 2 hours or so.

The journey goes on. I appreciate everyone who left comments with advice and shared their own frustrations. According to the app I use, I'm at peak right now. 😬





View attachment 11556
From this angle it resembles a rocket launch. A few days have passed since your last update, so I'm wishing you're doing okay.
 
drgnflydggr said:

myboysherman said:

At first, my vials were marked with mg/ml, such as 12:240 or 10:100. But I learned that my lazy brain just goes "tl;dr" and makes a wild guess. So going forward, I'll write them as 1:10 or 1:20 or something like that. The number of doses in the vial doesn't matter to me—I just use it until it's gone.

That should say mg/U above. If not, I'd be way off. H/T @drgnflydggr

What I usually put on my labels:

Name of medication

Strength (10 mg/ml)

Units conversion (10U = 1mg)

When it was mixed

Sadly, this time a label wouldn't have prevented anything - it happened mainly because I was careless, not thinking, and hurrying while sick with a cold. Perhaps over-confidence.
My nimbot arrived moments ago, and labeling this way felt like the obvious choice.

I put how often I dose on the label too.
 
bobbyjack said:

Did the larger dose cause any heart rate effects for you?
Since beginning reta in January, I've been monitoring my resting heart rate and heart rate variability much more closely. Prior to that, my diet was poor and my alcohol intake was high, which was reflected in my HRV/RHR readings - they were erratic. After improving my diet and losing nearly all interest in drinking, both metrics settled into a fairly stable baseline by early Feb.

One thing I've found curious with reta: on the day of my weekly injection, my HRV drops and my RHR rises, then both drift back to baseline before the next shot. The biggest swing from baseline happened when I went from 2.5mg up to 3mg during a break from KLOW. I felt awful for 2 weeks, even after dropping back to 2.5mg the next week. This time, with the 3x dose, I had the usual dip and recovery - it's only Saturday, 3 days in, and my HRV is already above baseline. I'm curious whether this pattern holds or if today is just an outlier.

My sleep was terrible Thursday and Friday nights, and my watch warned me about an elevated overnight heart rate. (50s rather than my usual 40s)
 
Day 4 here. The fatigue is still hanging around and heartburn hasn't fully cleared, though my sleep has improved. The one side effect I feared most—allodynia, or skin pain—thankfully never showed up.

My plan is to skip next week entirely, then resume at 2.5mg the Wednesday after. For anyone who stumbles on this later in the same boat, here's what helped me most:

1. Electrolytes mixed into water bottles, taken in frequent small sips

2. Rest. Rest. Rest.

3. Don't beat yourself up. Mistakes happen. Learn from it and move on.

4. Lie on your right side to help gastric emptying, left side to ease heartburn

5. This is an n=1 scenario, but I believe the KLOW peptide blend really helped cut down GI issues and inflammation—so much so that I won't raise my dose unless I'm using it.
 
Back
Top