Abdominal Fat & /or Stomach Fat

Grogu said:

ussop said:

Grogu said:

Have you gotten a Dexa scan yet, to confirm whether the fat around your midsection is actually visceral?

I ask because I was once certain tesa would be part of my routine, only to find out that my own bulky stomach is largely SQ rather than visceral — and tesa mainly targets the latter, not the former.

When it comes to whether tesamorelin conflicts with your medications, or to naming other peptides that might trim belly fat, I'm not able to help. In my view, the surest route to visible abs is simply getting your overall body fat down to a certain point (cutting).
It seems likely that a few options exist; and should none, trimming down could still shave off lingering fat, since targeted spot reduction through cutting tends not to work well. For visible abs, from what I understand, the choice comes down to lemon or Tessa.

Getting a ripped mid-section from tesa? I really doubt it. What actually gets you there is bringing down your total body fat percentage. AI lists the following numbers as the typical body fat cutoffs for men where abs become visible.

That said, tesa might still do some good even when your fat sits mostly in the SQ layer, because the visceral kind is the "bad" belly fat. Cutting that down is likely worthwhile. My guess is tesa would shrink your midsection's overall circumference and leave you looking leaner overall.





View attachment 11659
100% — I've come across that too, but there seem to be plenty of other peptides that could assist or make things better, so why not give them a shot, right?
 
ussop said:


100% i read that also but i see there are a lot of other peptides which may help or improve so why not , right?

Click to expand...

When it comes to supplements for getting your abs to show clearly, the top option would be Reta combined with TRT, and possibly adding in some AAS.

I'm not the only one who keeps pointing out that no magic peptide exists specifically for subcutaneous belly fat. The real key is lowering your total body fat. The peptides that work best for this are the ones you're already on. You could try stacking a few of them. Another thing that might be useful, which others have brought up, is doing some resistance training.

Getting a dexa scan could also be beneficial. It would show not just your visceral fat levels, but also your overall body fat percentage.
 
Aod and tesamorelin are part of my routine.

What delivers the biggest benefit for me is being malnourished.

Taking in 400-600 calories per day, plus fasting for 2 days every week, made a difference for me.

Getting 10k steps daily is another thing that helps
 
thorvald said:

Aod and tesamorelin are part of my routine.

What delivers the biggest benefit for me is being malnourished.

Taking in 400-600 calories per day, plus fasting for 2 days every week, made a difference for me.

Getting 10k steps daily is another thing that helps
Are you really only consuming 400-600 calories per day? That's not good.
 
bay_area_schizo said:

Grogu said:

Have you gotten a Dexa scan yet, to confirm whether the fat around your midsection is actually visceral?

I ask because I was once certain tesa would be part of my routine, only to find out that my own bulky stomach is largely SQ rather than visceral — and tesa mainly targets the latter, not the former.

When it comes to whether tesamorelin conflicts with your medications, or to naming other peptides that might trim belly fat, I'm not able to help. In my view, the surest route to visible abs is simply getting your overall body fat down to a certain point (cutting).
SQ? Does that mean squishy? squared? sorry, I don't know much about the various kinds of belly fat 😊
This isn't really my area of expertise, but my understanding is that "visceral" refers to fat stored around internal organs—things like the liver and heart.
 
consume 1600cal/170g protein

12000 steps daily

strenght training 3x per week

stay on RETA & avoid tesa

over time, Reta will eliminate the fat

patience is key
 
That fat you mean is subcutaneous — abs can show while visceral fat is still present, so the two aren't mutually exclusive. Reach your protein target, then run a "mini cut" lasting 3-4 weeks: cut carbs hard (rest days even harder), keep them only pre- and post-training, take in 2g/kg protein, and log at least 10k steps daily.
 
ussop said:

Hi everyone, I’m on RETA 10 mg at the moment. I also take Adderall, Keppra, and Lamotrigine — those last ones are for seizures, which I’m fairly sure are genetic.

My current goal while using RETA is to make my abs show more. Tesamorelin looks like a strong candidate since it cuts down belly fat. At this point I’m wondering whether there’s another route, or something additional I ought to consider. The other thing people mention is the “lemon bottle” approach, but that doesn’t target the internal fat and the fat you can’t see, and that kind can impact your health. I’m after both looking good and feeling good.

To put it plainly, skipping my seizure medication means I’ll seize.

I already know the usual response will be, “Don’t gamble with your health,” but my approach is controlled risk.

So the aim is defined abs. RETA is already in the mix, and RETA came with its own risk. Fortunately I caught on to that and moved to a controlled dose.

(I raised RETA gradually, going by how comfortable I felt.)

But from what I’ve read, Tesamorelin works directly against my Keppra and Lamotrigine.

• Drug Interaction Mechanism: Keppra and Tesamorelin affect the same glutamate pathway in the brain, yet in opposite directions, so one counteracts the other.

• Tesamorelin’s Effect: It makes brain receptors more sensitive to electrical signals, which could bring the seizure threshold down.

• Stack Risk with Stimulants: Adding stimulants such as Adderall on top raises the danger further, because it introduces one more accelerating force into the brain’s electrical activity.

So I’m hoping someone can offer advice, or at least some general direction. I’ve put a lot of research into this, but I’ve reached a dead end.

A common misconception is that peptides divide the work by fat type — as if tesa handles visceral and reta handles SQ. That isn't really how it works. To start, I'd avoid tesa completely because of how it interacts with seizure medications, so that alone rules it out. Beyond that, while tesa does act on visceral fat, reta does not limit itself to SQ — it goes after both visceral and SQ. Through GCGR agonism it triggers lipolysis throughout the body, which includes breaking down visceral fat. For those using reta, visceral fat drops proportionally alongside percentage weight loss. Certain GCGR agonists, such as survodutide, are even being promoted specifically for NASH/MASH.

TLDR: given sufficient time and dietary restriction (cutting), reta can get your abs to show. It clears out both visceral and SQ fat. Tesa won't touch SQ fat, which is what you need for washboard abs to become visible.
 
Back
Top