Abdominal Fat & /or Stomach Fat

ussop

Explorer
Joined
Apr 17, 2026
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles
Hi everyone, I’m on RETA 10 mg at the moment. I also take Adderall, Keppra, and Lamotrigine — those last ones are for seizures, which I’m fairly sure are genetic.

My current goal while using RETA is to make my abs show more. Tesamorelin looks like a strong candidate since it cuts down belly fat. At this point I’m wondering whether there’s another route, or something additional I ought to consider. The other thing people mention is the “lemon bottle” approach, but that doesn’t target the internal fat and the fat you can’t see, and that kind can impact your health. I’m after both looking good and feeling good.

To put it plainly, skipping my seizure medication means I’ll seize.

I already know the usual response will be, “Don’t gamble with your health,” but my approach is controlled risk.

So the aim is defined abs. RETA is already in the mix, and RETA came with its own risk. Fortunately I caught on to that and moved to a controlled dose.

(I raised RETA gradually, going by how comfortable I felt.)

But from what I’ve read, Tesamorelin works directly against my Keppra and Lamotrigine.

• Drug Interaction Mechanism: Keppra and Tesamorelin affect the same glutamate pathway in the brain, yet in opposite directions, so one counteracts the other.

• Tesamorelin’s Effect: It makes brain receptors more sensitive to electrical signals, which could bring the seizure threshold down.

• Stack Risk with Stimulants: Adding stimulants such as Adderall on top raises the danger further, because it introduces one more accelerating force into the brain’s electrical activity.

So I’m hoping someone can offer advice, or at least some general direction. I’ve put a lot of research into this, but I’ve reached a dead end.
 
Have you gotten a Dexa scan yet, to confirm whether the fat around your midsection is actually visceral?

I ask because I was once certain tesa would be part of my routine, only to find out that my own bulky stomach is largely SQ rather than visceral — and tesa mainly targets the latter, not the former.

When it comes to whether tesamorelin conflicts with your medications, or to naming other peptides that might trim belly fat, I'm not able to help. In my view, the surest route to visible abs is simply getting your overall body fat down to a certain point (cutting).
 
ussop said:

Hi everyone, I’m on RETA 10 mg at the moment. I also take Adderall, Keppra, and Lamotrigine — those last ones are for seizures, which I’m fairly sure are genetic.

My current goal while using RETA is to make my abs show more. Tesamorelin looks like a strong candidate since it cuts down belly fat. At this point I’m wondering whether there’s another route, or something additional I ought to consider. The other thing people mention is the “lemon bottle” approach, but that doesn’t target the internal fat and the fat you can’t see, and that kind can impact your health. I’m after both looking good and feeling good.

To put it plainly, skipping my seizure medication means I’ll seize.

I already know the usual response will be, “Don’t gamble with your health,” but my approach is controlled risk.

So the aim is defined abs. RETA is already in the mix, and RETA came with its own risk. Fortunately I caught on to that and moved to a controlled dose.

(I raised RETA gradually, going by how comfortable I felt.)

But from what I’ve read, Tesamorelin works directly against my Keppra and Lamotrigine.

• Drug Interaction Mechanism: Keppra and Tesamorelin affect the same glutamate pathway in the brain, yet in opposite directions, so one counteracts the other.

• Tesamorelin’s Effect: It makes brain receptors more sensitive to electrical signals, which could bring the seizure threshold down.

• Stack Risk with Stimulants: Adding stimulants such as Adderall on top raises the danger further, because it introduces one more accelerating force into the brain’s electrical activity.

So I’m hoping someone can offer advice, or at least some general direction. I’ve put a lot of research into this, but I’ve reached a dead end.
Were I in your position, I'd thoroughly investigate everything that's off-limits for you. You can lean on AI for that, just double-check whatever it tells you. That being said, giving your thermogenesis a boost is probably a gentle yet low-risk first step. AAS exists as an option too, but it's on the far end of the spectrum. Personally, I'm on adipotide at the moment, though I suspect it's not something you'd be interested in.
 
Grogu said:

Have you gotten a Dexa scan yet, to confirm whether the fat around your midsection is actually visceral?

I ask because I was once certain tesa would be part of my routine, only to find out that my own bulky stomach is largely SQ rather than visceral — and tesa mainly targets the latter, not the former.

When it comes to whether tesamorelin conflicts with your medications, or to naming other peptides that might trim belly fat, I'm not able to help. In my view, the surest route to visible abs is simply getting your overall body fat down to a certain point (cutting).
It seems likely that a few options exist; and should none, trimming down could still shave off lingering fat, since targeted spot reduction through cutting tends not to work well. For visible abs, from what I understand, the choice comes down to lemon or Tessa.
 
Grogu said:

Have you gotten a Dexa scan yet, to confirm whether the fat around your midsection is actually visceral?

I ask because I was once certain tesa would be part of my routine, only to find out that my own bulky stomach is largely SQ rather than visceral — and tesa mainly targets the latter, not the former.

When it comes to whether tesamorelin conflicts with your medications, or to naming other peptides that might trim belly fat, I'm not able to help. In my view, the surest route to visible abs is simply getting your overall body fat down to a certain point (cutting).
SQ? Does that mean squishy? squared? sorry, I don't know much about the various kinds of belly fat 😊
 
Smiter said:

ussop said:

Hi everyone, I’m on RETA 10 mg at the moment. I also take Adderall, Keppra, and Lamotrigine — those last ones are for seizures, which I’m fairly sure are genetic.

My current goal while using RETA is to make my abs show more. Tesamorelin looks like a strong candidate since it cuts down belly fat. At this point I’m wondering whether there’s another route, or something additional I ought to consider. The other thing people mention is the “lemon bottle” approach, but that doesn’t target the internal fat and the fat you can’t see, and that kind can impact your health. I’m after both looking good and feeling good.

To put it plainly, skipping my seizure medication means I’ll seize.

I already know the usual response will be, “Don’t gamble with your health,” but my approach is controlled risk.

So the aim is defined abs. RETA is already in the mix, and RETA came with its own risk. Fortunately I caught on to that and moved to a controlled dose.

(I raised RETA gradually, going by how comfortable I felt.)

But from what I’ve read, Tesamorelin works directly against my Keppra and Lamotrigine.

• Drug Interaction Mechanism: Keppra and Tesamorelin affect the same glutamate pathway in the brain, yet in opposite directions, so one counteracts the other.

• Tesamorelin’s Effect: It makes brain receptors more sensitive to electrical signals, which could bring the seizure threshold down.

• Stack Risk with Stimulants: Adding stimulants such as Adderall on top raises the danger further, because it introduces one more accelerating force into the brain’s electrical activity.

So I’m hoping someone can offer advice, or at least some general direction. I’ve put a lot of research into this, but I’ve reached a dead end.
Were I in your position, I'd thoroughly investigate everything that's off-limits for you. You can lean on AI for that, just double-check whatever it tells you. That being said, giving your thermogenesis a boost is probably a gentle yet low-risk first step. AAS exists as an option too, but it's on the far end of the spectrum. Personally, I'm on adipotide at the moment, though I suspect it's not something you'd be interested in.
What do you figure I've spent the past 3 days on?

That's literally how I learned Tesa wasn't safe. 😂 😂 😂 😂

Go through my post history. I've put together full reports on vendors and peptides.
 
If more visible abdominal muscles are the goal, the fat to cut is the subcutaneous layer sitting on top of those muscles — not the intrabdominal kind. Fat stored inside your gut doesn't hide the outer muscles; it simply enlarges the abdomen as a whole.

So for sharper abs, tesa won't do the job — reta will. And pushing fat down to those levels isn't really a health pursuit, it's about appearance, so it may be worth weighing the risk benefit equation.
 
bay_area_schizo said:

Grogu said:

Have you gotten a Dexa scan yet, to confirm whether the fat around your midsection is actually visceral?

I ask because I was once certain tesa would be part of my routine, only to find out that my own bulky stomach is largely SQ rather than visceral — and tesa mainly targets the latter, not the former.

When it comes to whether tesamorelin conflicts with your medications, or to naming other peptides that might trim belly fat, I'm not able to help. In my view, the surest route to visible abs is simply getting your overall body fat down to a certain point (cutting).
SQ? Does that mean squishy? squared? sorry, I don't know much about the various kinds of belly fat 😊

Right — fat stored under the skin feels soft, squishy, and can be grabbed between your fingers. The kind that sits deep inside, surrounding your organs and tucked behind the muscles of your belly wall, is different. That deeper fat is not something you can pinch.

Try lying down flat on your back. If your midsection looks flatter in that position, it's likely mostly the under-the-skin type.
 
Okay, so setting adipotide aside, you could explore AAS compounds that neither aromatize nor have estrogenic activity. Whether that path appeals to you, I can't say. Sameday Supplements does carry some really solid options, though — Cloma Pharma's lineup there is a favorite of mine. That said, given your situation, you'd want to go through the ingredient panel on each product carefully. The underlying idea: add more metabolically active tissue, meaning muscle, which raises your TDEE, and stack in fat burners containing capsaicinols to boost thermogenesis. Also, try to track down Hungarian sweet paprika powder and put it on basically everything you eat. It isn't quite the ideal Ch-19 sweet, but it should still get the job done... and here is what the AI has to say.

The CH-19 Sweet pepper supplement relies on a specific non-pungent strain of red chili pepper. People mainly take it to ramp up metabolism and support weight management. What the extract provides is the thermogenic upside of ordinary hot peppers—while avoiding stomach burn, heart rate jumps, or blood pressure spikes.

How It Works

  • Active Compounds: Inside the supplement are capsinoids (more precisely capsiate), which resemble capsaicin at the molecular level but come without the burning heat.
  • Theriogenesis: Capsinoids stimulate the sympathetic nervous system, nudging body temperature up slightly and raising the pace at which calories get burned.
  • Fat Loss: According to clinical studies, taking it regularly may help suppress accumulation of body fat and modestly lower resting energy intake.

Safety & Usage

  • No Burning or Irritation: In contrast to ordinary capsaicin products, CH-19 Sweet extracts produce no oral or gastrointestinal irritation.
  • Cardiovascular Safety: Studies indicate these supplements have no negative impact on systolic blood pressure or heart rate, which makes them a gentler option for anyone who reacts badly to spicy foods.

Where to Find It

Capsiate Natura stands out as the best-known trademarked version of CH-19 Sweet extract. Traditionally, this medical-grade supplement has been supplied mainly via physicians and weight-management specialty clinics. To look into authorized distributors, or to talk over adding it to your health regimen, you can contact wellness centers or browse health product platforms such as the National Institutes of Health or clinical trial data published on ClinicalTrials.gov.

ALSO- FAT BROWNING:

Browning of white adipose tissue (WAT) refers to the process in which white fat cells (energy-storing) convert into thermogenic beige/brite fat cells (energy-burning). This phenomenon—set off by cold exposure, exercise, and diet—raises Uncoupling Protein 1 (UCP1) expression, boosting energy expenditure and potentially working against obesity. [1, 2, 3, 4]

Key Aspects of WAT Browning

  • The Process: White fat becomes "beige" or "brite" (brown-in-white) cells, which are packed with mitochondria and capable of releasing energy as heat.
  • Inducers: The main trigger is sympathetic nervous system activity (norepinephrine acting on $\beta$-3 adrenergic receptors), though cold exposure, physical exercise (through the myokine irisin), and diet also play a role.
  • Beneficial Effects: Metabolism improves because energy expenditure rises, fat accumulation drops, and glucose homeostasis gets better.
  • Drawbacks: In extreme conditions, too much browning has been tied to cachexia (muscle wasting), atherosclerosis, and liver problems.
How to Induce Browning

  • Cold Exposure: Repeated exposure to cold (for instance cold showers or cold baths) raises UCP1 expression in adipose tissues.
  • Exercise: Working out regularly triggers release of factors that drive this transformation.
  • Nutritional Factors: Some bioactive compounds—capsaicin (spicy foods),

    resveratrol

    (grapes/wine),

    curcumin

    (turmeric), and

    green tea

    —are recognized for supporting the browning process.
  • Metabolites: Research hints that lactate may set off this process, functioning as an adaptive mechanism.
 
ussop said:

Grogu said:

Have you gotten a Dexa scan yet, to confirm whether the fat around your midsection is actually visceral?

I ask because I was once certain tesa would be part of my routine, only to find out that my own bulky stomach is largely SQ rather than visceral — and tesa mainly targets the latter, not the former.

When it comes to whether tesamorelin conflicts with your medications, or to naming other peptides that might trim belly fat, I'm not able to help. In my view, the surest route to visible abs is simply getting your overall body fat down to a certain point (cutting).
It seems likely that a few options exist; and should none, trimming down could still shave off lingering fat, since targeted spot reduction through cutting tends not to work well. For visible abs, from what I understand, the choice comes down to lemon or Tessa.

Getting a ripped mid-section from tesa? I really doubt it. What actually gets you there is bringing down your total body fat percentage. AI lists the following numbers as the typical body fat cutoffs for men where abs become visible.

That said, tesa might still do some good even when your fat sits mostly in the SQ layer, because the visceral kind is the "bad" belly fat. Cutting that down is likely worthwhile. My guess is tesa would shrink your midsection's overall circumference and leave you looking leaner overall.





8fd9ea3f001819cbe86d17c78a757fc3c28d894b0ad9ca0803f522a663110569.webp
 
bay_area_schizo said:

thanks... alright, pretty much all of my fat is subcutaneous 😂

Same here! Lying down makes my stomach go completely flat, and I think, "why doesn't it stay that way once I'm upright" 🤣.
 
Give me a moment to climb up on my soapbox.

It feels like half the threads here are asking how to bypass effort. The truth is that simply putting in the work accounts for 99% of the outcome nearly every time. Want visible abs? Drop body fat. Want to build muscle? Consume protein and pick up the heavy round objects. Peptides are not enchanted wish-granting potions (those would be steroids).

So what are peptides actually capable of? GLPs can make the biologically required steps for weight loss a lot less difficult, but a calorie deficit is still mandatory; it can seem like weight loss sorcery, yet it isn't. Beyond that, we are mostly discussing minor effects (or none at all, in certain situations), typically involving recovery, inflammation, and similar areas. Generally, if you already have all the fundamentals in place, it might add a few percentage points to your results.

I am not against peptides whatsoever (clearly, since I am here), but apart from GLPs, I believe they are best understood as optimization tools. The kind of thing where I have already handled the 98% I can realistically handle and I am just chasing that last 1-2%.

Rant over.
 
No peptide exists that will magically hand you a six-pack. If one did, everyone would have visible abs!

What actually works is leaning out, lifting weights, and your genetic makeup. Your abdominal muscle structure is fixed, but you can still hit them with progressive overload, the same as any other muscle group, and that makes them stand out more once your body fat drops.

Should Reta not be getting you lean enough, Tirz might be worth trying. The general consensus is that it does a better job of curbing appetite.
 
ussop said:

Hi everyone, I’m on RETA 10 mg at the moment. I also take Adderall, Keppra, and Lamotrigine — those last ones are for seizures, which I’m fairly sure are genetic.

My current goal while using RETA is to make my abs show more. Tesamorelin looks like a strong candidate since it cuts down belly fat. At this point I’m wondering whether there’s another route, or something additional I ought to consider. The other thing people mention is the “lemon bottle” approach, but that doesn’t target the internal fat and the fat you can’t see, and that kind can impact your health. I’m after both looking good and feeling good.

To put it plainly, skipping my seizure medication means I’ll seize.

I already know the usual response will be, “Don’t gamble with your health,” but my approach is controlled risk.

So the aim is defined abs. RETA is already in the mix, and RETA came with its own risk. Fortunately I caught on to that and moved to a controlled dose.

(I raised RETA gradually, going by how comfortable I felt.)

But from what I’ve read, Tesamorelin works directly against my Keppra and Lamotrigine.

• Drug Interaction Mechanism: Keppra and Tesamorelin affect the same glutamate pathway in the brain, yet in opposite directions, so one counteracts the other.

• Tesamorelin’s Effect: It makes brain receptors more sensitive to electrical signals, which could bring the seizure threshold down.

• Stack Risk with Stimulants: Adding stimulants such as Adderall on top raises the danger further, because it introduces one more accelerating force into the brain’s electrical activity.

So I’m hoping someone can offer advice, or at least some general direction. I’ve put a lot of research into this, but I’ve reached a dead end.
If you frame it that way, folks who cut without gear typically aren't reaching for tesa or HGH to shed belly fat. That said, HGH paired with insulin might come into play when the goal is growth. Their cuts rely on a calorie deficit (frequently alongside things like clen or DMP). AAS gets added during cutting to hold onto muscle. The real driver is Reta, while HGH plays more of a supporting role.
 
Appreciate the abs and body fat percentage chart, Grogu. Until now I had no idea body fat had to drop that far before abs show. For most people, staying at 6-12% is simply not achievable long term, and that goes double for anyone who began from an obese starting point. When you push body fat down to those levels, your body will resist: you feel awful, worn out, and your energy expenditure falls so fat reserves stay put. Actors in Hollywood who reach those extreme shredded physiques for films only hold them for a brief window.

It's tough for me to accept that there's any health upside to body fat that low, which means you'd endure every negative effect of drug or peptide therapy while getting none of the positives ( unless obesity was your starting point )
 
Smiter said:

Okay, so setting adipotide aside, you could explore AAS compounds that neither aromatize nor have estrogenic activity. Whether that path appeals to you, I can't say. Sameday Supplements does carry some really solid options, though — Cloma Pharma's lineup there is a favorite of mine. That said, given your situation, you'd want to go through the ingredient panel on each product carefully. The underlying idea: add more metabolically active tissue, meaning muscle, which raises your TDEE, and stack in fat burners containing capsaicinols to boost thermogenesis. Also, try to track down Hungarian sweet paprika powder and put it on basically everything you eat. It isn't quite the ideal Ch-19 sweet, but it should still get the job done... and here is what the AI has to say.

The CH-19 Sweet pepper supplement relies on a specific non-pungent strain of red chili pepper. People mainly take it to ramp up metabolism and support weight management. What the extract provides is the thermogenic upside of ordinary hot peppers—while avoiding stomach burn, heart rate jumps, or blood pressure spikes.

How It Works

  • Active Compounds: Inside the supplement are capsinoids (more precisely capsiate), which resemble capsaicin at the molecular level but come without the burning heat.
  • Theriogenesis: Capsinoids stimulate the sympathetic nervous system, nudging body temperature up slightly and raising the pace at which calories get burned.
  • Fat Loss: According to clinical studies, taking it regularly may help suppress accumulation of body fat and modestly lower resting energy intake.

Safety & Usage

  • No Burning or Irritation: In contrast to ordinary capsaicin products, CH-19 Sweet extracts produce no oral or gastrointestinal irritation.
  • Cardiovascular Safety: Studies indicate these supplements have no negative impact on systolic blood pressure or heart rate, which makes them a gentler option for anyone who reacts badly to spicy foods.

Where to Find It

Capsiate Natura stands out as the best-known trademarked version of CH-19 Sweet extract. Traditionally, this medical-grade supplement has been supplied mainly via physicians and weight-management specialty clinics. To look into authorized distributors, or to talk over adding it to your health regimen, you can contact wellness centers or browse health product platforms such as the National Institutes of Health or clinical trial data published on ClinicalTrials.gov.

ALSO- FAT BROWNING:

Browning of white adipose tissue (WAT) refers to the process in which white fat cells (energy-storing) convert into thermogenic beige/brite fat cells (energy-burning). This phenomenon—set off by cold exposure, exercise, and diet—raises Uncoupling Protein 1 (UCP1) expression, boosting energy expenditure and potentially working against obesity. [1, 2, 3, 4]

Key Aspects of WAT Browning

  • The Process: White fat becomes "beige" or "brite" (brown-in-white) cells, which are packed with mitochondria and capable of releasing energy as heat.
  • Inducers: The main trigger is sympathetic nervous system activity (norepinephrine acting on $\beta$-3 adrenergic receptors), though cold exposure, physical exercise (through the myokine irisin), and diet also play a role.
  • Beneficial Effects: Metabolism improves because energy expenditure rises, fat accumulation drops, and glucose homeostasis gets better.
  • Drawbacks: In extreme conditions, too much browning has been tied to cachexia (muscle wasting), atherosclerosis, and liver problems.
How to Induce Browning

  • Cold Exposure: Repeated exposure to cold (for instance cold showers or cold baths) raises UCP1 expression in adipose tissues.
  • Exercise: Working out regularly triggers release of factors that drive this transformation.
  • Nutritional Factors: Some bioactive compounds—capsaicin (spicy foods),

    resveratrol

    (grapes/wine),

    curcumin

    (turmeric), and

    green tea

    —are recognized for supporting the browning process.
  • Metabolites: Research hints that lactate may set off this process, functioning as an adaptive mechanism.
Now I’ve got a brand-new rabbit hole to tumble into, thanks to you. 🤣
 
5byfive said:

Give me a moment to climb up on my soapbox.

It feels like half the threads here are asking how to bypass effort. The truth is that simply putting in the work accounts for 99% of the outcome nearly every time. Want visible abs? Drop body fat. Want to build muscle? Consume protein and pick up the heavy round objects. Peptides are not enchanted wish-granting potions (those would be steroids).

So what are peptides actually capable of? GLPs can make the biologically required steps for weight loss a lot less difficult, but a calorie deficit is still mandatory; it can seem like weight loss sorcery, yet it isn't. Beyond that, we are mostly discussing minor effects (or none at all, in certain situations), typically involving recovery, inflammation, and similar areas. Generally, if you already have all the fundamentals in place, it might add a few percentage points to your results.

I am not against peptides whatsoever (clearly, since I am here), but apart from GLPs, I believe they are best understood as optimization tools. The kind of thing where I have already handled the 98% I can realistically handle and I am just chasing that last 1-2%.

Rant over.
how about those 300 Spartans 🧐 every one of them was ripped like Jesus so obviously they were juicing 🤣🤣🤣
 
Grogu said:

ussop said:

Grogu said:

Have you gotten a Dexa scan yet, to confirm whether the fat around your midsection is actually visceral?

I ask because I was once certain tesa would be part of my routine, only to find out that my own bulky stomach is largely SQ rather than visceral — and tesa mainly targets the latter, not the former.

When it comes to whether tesamorelin conflicts with your medications, or to naming other peptides that might trim belly fat, I'm not able to help. In my view, the surest route to visible abs is simply getting your overall body fat down to a certain point (cutting).
It seems likely that a few options exist; and should none, trimming down could still shave off lingering fat, since targeted spot reduction through cutting tends not to work well. For visible abs, from what I understand, the choice comes down to lemon or Tessa.

Getting a ripped mid-section from tesa? I really doubt it. What actually gets you there is bringing down your total body fat percentage. AI lists the following numbers as the typical body fat cutoffs for men where abs become visible.

That said, tesa might still do some good even when your fat sits mostly in the SQ layer, because the visceral kind is the "bad" belly fat. Cutting that down is likely worthwhile. My guess is tesa would shrink your midsection's overall circumference and leave you looking leaner overall.





View attachment 11659

That table paints a far gloomier picture than reality. For the typical guy who trains—and yes, building muscle through hypertrophy counts—15% is where a six pack starts to show, barring some truly rotten genetics.

To be clear, I'm talking about DEXA readings, which are precise. Inbody tends to flatter you, but because so many folks check their body fat percentage at the gym, those brackets might serve as a decent guide for them.
 
Back
Top