A Week on Reta at 1 mg: Hunger Lingers, but Resisting Feels Simpler

dandam

Explorer
Joined
Dec 26, 2025
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Location
Rome
Hey all,

Monday, January 1st was my first day of treatment. Roughly 7 days have passed, and I’ve been taking 1 mg each week. Hunger hasn’t disappeared for me. What has changed is that pushing it aside takes less effort. If I chose to eat, I still could — yet saying no comes more easily now. A full suppression of appetite hasn’t happened. Anyone else in the same boat, where things seem to build up slowly?
 
Yeah, that sounds about right. With Retatrutide, you don’t necessarily get the same heavy appetite blunting that other GLP-1s such as Tirzepatide can bring, at least not right away. Many users describe it as hunger remaining present, yet resisting it becomes less of a struggle and the food chatter in your head gets softer. It also needs time to accumulate in your body, and 1 mg is still on the low end, so the impact tends to show up more clearly as the next few weeks pass.
 
dandam said:

Hey all,

Monday, January 1st was my first day of treatment. Roughly 7 days have passed, and I’ve been taking 1 mg each week. Hunger hasn’t disappeared for me. What has changed is that pushing it aside takes less effort. If I chose to eat, I still could — yet saying no comes more easily now. A full suppression of appetite hasn’t happened. Anyone else in the same boat, where things seem to build up slowly?
Yes. It accumulates in your system over a few weeks. Half shelf life is 6 day. So week one at 1mg plus week 2 at 1mg leaves 1.5 mg in your system by week 2, and week 3 at that same 1mg dosage leaves 1.75mg in your system.

My own start was 2mg and results arrived right after week 2. At 6 months the dosage is unchanged and the results are still good. I'm 5’2” and 112 lbs
 
Back
Top