randompersonrandom
Explorer
My goal is 125, and I was at 131. I signed up at a gym since it's way overdue to move my activity level up from "very light" to "moderate"—I want my strength and endurance back, please. For 1.5 weeks now, I've been biking to the gym and home daily (9 miles total) plus swimming roughly 40 minutes, and I chose to take in slightly more calories and protein because I'd like to build some muscle and not feel exhausted while establishing a workout routine.
Last night the scale showed 141. There's no way I consumed 35,000 additional calories in 1 week, but I barely monitored how much salt was in what I ate and had several meals of salty foods. THIS IS WATER, and I don't need to spiral like I'm tempted to, since I'm returning to eating as if I'm trying to shed those final 6 pounds, and the swimming and biking amplify that while it lasts but it will fade—right now I'm holding my cat and telling myself "it's water it's water it's water."
At the same time, it feels so psychologically CRUEL that a body will just casually hold onto ten damn pounds of water just to wreck my week.
Last night the scale showed 141. There's no way I consumed 35,000 additional calories in 1 week, but I barely monitored how much salt was in what I ate and had several meals of salty foods. THIS IS WATER, and I don't need to spiral like I'm tempted to, since I'm returning to eating as if I'm trying to shed those final 6 pounds, and the swimming and biking amplify that while it lasts but it will fade—right now I'm holding my cat and telling myself "it's water it's water it's water."
At the same time, it feels so psychologically CRUEL that a body will just casually hold onto ten damn pounds of water just to wreck my week.