A quarter century as a type 1 — what finally worked

derekd419

Explorer
Joined
Apr 10, 2026
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Location
Mansfield, Ohio
I've lived with juvenile type 1 diabetes for 25 years now. The early stretch was rough, & I was pretty careless right up until 3 years ago, when I went through a traumatic injury. That's when I started taking it seriously — insulin pump, patch glucose system. Results began to show, but shifting my poor diet choices & lifestyle was hard going. I was put onto GLP-1's with ozempic back in August 2025, buying monthly from a local compound pharmacy. Even after cutting carbs & changing how I ate drastically, little was moving. The injury had put almost 80 pounds on me over the past 3 years, & I'd started to feel like nothing would work. Then in October a friend of my mom's introduced me to tirz, & it has changed everything since. I'm down 55 pounds, my A1C is the best it's been since before I became diabetic, I have natural energy, I sleep better than I ever have, I go to the gym without complaining, & I'm seeing real results across the board. Now I'm stepping into the peptide world & ordering a few other options to stack, and I couldn't be happier. If you're only just starting: this could be the best descision you've ever made! Good luck!
 
Another Type 1 here, and Reta has treated me really well up to now. Which other peptides do you have in mind to stack with it?
 
Jaybird57 said:

Another Type 1 here, and Reta has treated me really well up to now. Which other peptides do you have in mind to stack with it?
Started several of these now!

bpc + tb

ghk-cu

aod9604

tesamorelin

5 amino 1q

then reta with tirz
 
derekd419 said:

Jaybird57 said:

Another Type 1 here, and Reta has treated me really well up to now. Which other peptides do you have in mind to stack with it?
Started several of these now!

bpc + tb

ghk-cu

aod9604

tesamorelin

5 amino 1q

then reta with tirz
How have your sugars responded to tesamorelin? Has any IGF testing been done, and have your eyes been examined for diabetic retinopathY?
 
Yesterday I came across a post, so I ran a quick search. I couldn't find anything showing scientific study of reta in type 1 diabetes. Tirzepatide has had some research, and overall the findings seem favorable, but it is still far from being standard care. There are also grounds to think reta could pose an issue for type 1. I only mean this as a word of caution.
 
derekd419 said:

I've lived with juvenile type 1 diabetes for 25 years now. The early stretch was rough, & I was pretty careless right up until 3 years ago, when I went through a traumatic injury. That's when I started taking it seriously — insulin pump, patch glucose system. Results began to show, but shifting my poor diet choices & lifestyle was hard going. I was put onto GLP-1's with ozempic back in August 2025, buying monthly from a local compound pharmacy. Even after cutting carbs & changing how I ate drastically, little was moving. The injury had put almost 80 pounds on me over the past 3 years, & I'd started to feel like nothing would work. Then in October a friend of my mom's introduced me to tirz, & it has changed everything since. I'm down 55 pounds, my A1C is the best it's been since before I became diabetic, I have natural energy, I sleep better than I ever have, I go to the gym without complaining, & I'm seeing real results across the board. Now I'm stepping into the peptide world & ordering a few other options to stack, and I couldn't be happier. If you're only just starting: this could be the best descision you've ever made! Good luck!

What an amazing account — and so valuable to people living with type 1. Huge congratulations on doing so well.

I’m with u/lessthanhalf when it comes to postponing reta for the moment. tirz is clearly working well for you, so there’s no reason to go near it, especially because reta has an effect on glucagon.

Honestly, though, reading your story really brightened my day!
 
Back
Top