A psyllium husk trick that actually tastes nice

londoner

Explorer
Joined
May 6, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Uk
Reta has me worried about constipation.

Here's a way to get extra fibre that actually tastes good.

3 x tsp whole psyllium husk

150ml juice

Squeeze lemon

Shake it in a small jar, then leave it in the fridge for 20-30mins and it sets like jam or jelly. Psyllium husk you'd happily eat!

(It works over greek yoghurt too, for the protein)

(Whole psyllium husk, not ph powder — otherwise it won't set)

Saw this from mrguthealth on tiktok
 
Thank you. I'm constantly seeking methods to add additional psyllium husk to what I eat. My plan is to combine it with stewed apricots and pear juice so that it becomes even stronger.
 
sheilarae74 said:

Thank you. I'm constantly seeking methods to add additional psyllium husk to what I eat. My plan is to combine it with stewed apricots and pear juice so that it becomes even stronger.
Oh, that sounds tasty (and effective for getting things moving). It works well mixed into yoghurt as well. Kind of like a muller fruit corner 😋
 
Mixing it into tart cherry juice is a fantastic substitute for simply taking it with plain water. I think it could even work in a pb&j.
 
Ugh, mixing it with water makes me want to throw up. By the time I came across the jelly recipe, I couldn't stand the smell, taste, or texture anymore. The 2 juices I like best for it are grape and cherry.
 
Juice from fruit is nothing but empty calories and carbs, 100%. That goes double when it isn't squeezed fresh and doesn't retain much pulp.

If retatrutide is being used for weight loss, go with psyllium husk capsules instead, and take them with plenty of water — lots of it.
 
For me, prune juice combined with psyllium husk does the trick. While I'm able to take it mixed with water, the prune juice approach is far superior.
 
Back
Top