Bruce Campbell
Explorer
You run into this constantly around here and on other GLP1Chat spaces- folks describing "reduced food noise," or comparing peps that cut the noise by different amounts, or discussing stacks that quiet things down once your usual dose stops delivering the same relief it used to.
I read those posts everywhere, but it never clicked until I took my first dose of Reta; your body still knows it has no food. That empty-stomach sensation is still there, and so is the tiredness that comes with not eating (anyone who has spent time doing intermittent fasting will recognize that feeling right away).
What changes is that your brain stops screaming at you to solve it this second. You aren't tracking the clock until your next meal, and although you physically notice and feel that your stomach is empty and that you should eat, mentally it becomes more of a deliberate choice, and every meal happens without you being ruled by impulse.
I realize that for 95% of the people here this is old news and probably nothing new, but for those of you lurking who read "food noise" and only half get it, this is how it went for me. Your body still signals that you need food, yet the primal hunger ordering you to eat a lot right now just dissolves.
Some numbers for reference:
31M
195lbs
5’11
Starting dose: 1mg/w Reta
I debated whether to begin at 1mg or 2mg, but I'm happy I went with 1mg given how well it's working.
I read those posts everywhere, but it never clicked until I took my first dose of Reta; your body still knows it has no food. That empty-stomach sensation is still there, and so is the tiredness that comes with not eating (anyone who has spent time doing intermittent fasting will recognize that feeling right away).
What changes is that your brain stops screaming at you to solve it this second. You aren't tracking the clock until your next meal, and although you physically notice and feel that your stomach is empty and that you should eat, mentally it becomes more of a deliberate choice, and every meal happens without you being ruled by impulse.
I realize that for 95% of the people here this is old news and probably nothing new, but for those of you lurking who read "food noise" and only half get it, this is how it went for me. Your body still signals that you need food, yet the primal hunger ordering you to eat a lot right now just dissolves.
Some numbers for reference:
31M
195lbs
5’11
Starting dose: 1mg/w Reta
I debated whether to begin at 1mg or 2mg, but I'm happy I went with 1mg given how well it's working.