CNCCurrency
Explorer
Came across this earlier today — pretty intriguing. In this matchup, reta will end up being the underdog.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZnjS9s6-JY
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZnjS9s6-JY
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
30% on average possibly.Vash_ said:
Seriously, why bother? Reta has already been demonstrated to reduce body weight by 30% in people. That alone is absurd. Who actually requires a treatment that works even better?
At times the upside comes in forms such as reduced adverse reactions, or improved management of insulin resistance. Still, no way am I sitting through a 60-minute video.Vash_ said:
Seriously, why bother? Reta has already been demonstrated to reduce body weight by 30% in people. That alone is absurd. Who actually requires a treatment that works even better?
Suppose your goal, as it is for me, is holding onto a 55% weight reduction. The target population for these medications is severe obesity (and, less so, moderate obesity). Within that severe group—BMI above 40 or even 45—even reta falls short, which explains why so many severe obesity patients here are stacking GLP's with amylin agonists. Right now, the sole legitimate options for severe obesity are tirzepatide or bariatric surgery. So a treatment that could lower the demand for fairly invasive surgery, or for unproven experimental cocktails, seems extremely valuable.Vash_ said:
Seriously, why bother? Reta has already been demonstrated to reduce body weight by 30% in people. That alone is absurd. Who actually requires a treatment that works even better?
For someone in my situation, it could be useful: I hit the ceiling on Mounjaro and plateaued, yet I'm still not at my target weight even with reta — I've got roughly 75lbs-85lbs left to shed.Vash_ said:
Seriously, why bother? Reta has already been demonstrated to reduce body weight by 30% in people. That alone is absurd. Who actually requires a treatment that works even better?
It really is wild that we're standing right at the edge of obesity becoming a chronic condition that can be cured. When the patents on these drugs run out and generics hit the shelves everywhere, being obese would basically turn into a choice.Lovedog100 said:
On a personal level, improved weight loss medications are something I'm eager to see. Before this even becomes available, I'll already have reached my target. The man in the video was difficult for me to take seriously. Between his very fat face and his extremely puffy hands, I simply can't see him as a credible voice on weight loss. I stopped watching partway through.
Given the profits that weight loss drugs bring in, along with people consuming processed foods in record quantities, additional drugs and protocols reaching the market seems likely. Funding will keep pouring into R&D, and into the products those companies turn out. Even before GLP's, weight loss was already a Billion dollar industry. Books, classes, gyms, drugs, companies such as weight watchers, healthy food delivery services, home exercise equipment — there was no shortage of ways for us to part with our money. For every fat person, a weekly pill or shot is the ultimate fantasy.
That idea really appeals to me. Tiny portions of highly processed, overpriced, bad-for-you food aimed at folks using GLP-1sRaidenfat2fit said:
It really is wild that we're standing right at the edge of obesity becoming a chronic condition that can be cured. When the patents on these drugs run out and generics hit the shelves everywhere, being obese would basically turn into a choice.Lovedog100 said:
On a personal level, improved weight loss medications are something I'm eager to see. Before this even becomes available, I'll already have reached my target. The man in the video was difficult for me to take seriously. Between his very fat face and his extremely puffy hands, I simply can't see him as a credible voice on weight loss. I stopped watching partway through.
Given the profits that weight loss drugs bring in, along with people consuming processed foods in record quantities, additional drugs and protocols reaching the market seems likely. Funding will keep pouring into R&D, and into the products those companies turn out. Even before GLP's, weight loss was already a Billion dollar industry. Books, classes, gyms, drugs, companies such as weight watchers, healthy food delivery services, home exercise equipment — there was no shortage of ways for us to part with our money. For every fat person, a weekly pill or shot is the ultimate fantasy.
Gen Z cares more about health than previous generations, and we've already watched fitness become a much bigger part of the culture. Just look at how many products now carry a "high protein" label to pull in people who work out.
Big food and the health industry are both in for some enormous changes.
Me, for instance. My starting point was 334 ... a 30% drop lands me at 234. That's still obese. To get where I need to be, I'd have to shed roughly 50% of what I weighed at the start.Vash_ said:
Seriously, why bother? Reta has already been demonstrated to reduce body weight by 30% in people. That alone is absurd. Who actually requires a treatment that works even better?
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this won't mean 5 times the adverse effects.cheaperseeker said:
AI Summary:
This video covers the progression of GLP-1–class weight loss medications, moving from single → dual → triple → and now even 5-receptor agonists, along with the reasons this progression is significant.
The core concept
•Earlier medications acted on only 1 receptor (GLP-1) → assisted with appetite and blood sugar
•More recent ones act on several receptors simultaneously to boost outcomes
Triple agonists (the present “next step”)
•Activate 3 receptors: GLP-1 + GIP + glucagon
•Outcome: greater weight reduction and improved metabolic effects compared to earlier medications
•Illustration: retatrutide (still under investigation)
5-receptor agonists (the newest development)
•Investigational medications now act on 5 distinct pathways (incorporating things such as PPAR receptors)
•Aim:
-Even more fat loss
-Improved metabolic health (liver, insulin, etc.)
-Possibly fewer side effects by distributing the effects across pathways
Main point
•The change isn’t merely “stronger drugs”—it’s smarter, multi-pathway drugs
•The concept is: rather than forcing 1 system hard, gently affect several systems at once for superior results
deleted.user.16 said:
30% on average possibly.Vash_ said:
Seriously, why bother? Reta has already been demonstrated to reduce body weight by 30% in people. That alone is absurd. Who actually requires a treatment that works even better?
Some individuals in Retatrutide trials dropped just 5% of their body weight even after close to 12 months of use. Surely they'd welcome a different choice!
And for certain people, 30% could still fall short. Suppose you begin at 300lb or more? You go on Reta, hit a plateau at 210, perhaps you'd prefer a more potent option to bring you down into the 100s.
Your point makes sense to me, and I’m with you that having additional choices is beneficial.MsGizmo said:
Me, for instance. My starting point was 334 ... a 30% drop lands me at 234. That's still obese. To get where I need to be, I'd have to shed roughly 50% of what I weighed at the start.Vash_ said:
Seriously, why bother? Reta has already been demonstrated to reduce body weight by 30% in people. That alone is absurd. Who actually requires a treatment that works even better?
And people don't all respond identically to every receptor ... having choices can only help.