90-day stability test results: thoughts and questions

Notafed

Explorer
Joined
Aug 1, 2025
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
California
I'm referring to this video

View: https://youtu.be/lI4am0U49N4

To start, I'd really like to see a study that retests lyophilized Tirzepatide and Retatrutide after they've been stored in a freezer for a long time. If someone has a study that references a different peptide, I'd be glad to see it, but the video makes clear that peptides and their structures can differ in how stable they are.

Next, I have doubts about this study when compared with Eli Lilly and compounding. As I understand it, Eli Lilly assigns a 2 year shelf life to the drug. A lot of compounders did research to push their BUDs out toward a year. Even if Tirzepatide is structurally Tirzepatide, could different vendors release product that varies in stability? On the compounding side, plenty of people aren't reporting the kinds of problems you'd expect to hear about if effectiveness were being halved.

Could the problem come down to using only Bacteriostatic Water rather than Phenol and/or other stabilizers? Were these vials left in bright light? I really want to hear from people with more education on this than I have. Will this shift anyone's view, particularly those on low doses who use high dose vials and inject well beyond 28 days?
 
The Tirz came through the 90-day test in great shape. It is good that people wanted to see this checked. I had questions about the Mots, and now those are answered.
 
Notafed said:

I'm referring to this video

View: https://youtu.be/lI4am0U49N4

To start, I'd really like to see a study that retests lyophilized Tirzepatide and Retatrutide after they've been stored in a freezer for a long time. If someone has a study that references a different peptide, I'd be glad to see it, but the video makes clear that peptides and their structures can differ in how stable they are.

Next, I have doubts about this study when compared with Eli Lilly and compounding. As I understand it, Eli Lilly assigns a 2 year shelf life to the drug. A lot of compounders did research to push their BUDs out toward a year. Even if Tirzepatide is structurally Tirzepatide, could different vendors release product that varies in stability? On the compounding side, plenty of people aren't reporting the kinds of problems you'd expect to hear about if effectiveness were being halved.

Could the problem come down to using only Bacteriostatic Water rather than Phenol and/or other stabilizers? Were these vials left in bright light? I really want to hear from people with more education on this than I have. Will this shift anyone's view, particularly those on low doses who use high dose vials and inject well beyond 28 days?
To me this lines up with what Jano's testing has shown about peptides staying stable. If I'm remembering right, though, Jano's work involved powder kept at room temperature. Testing frozen peptides, or HGH stored in the fridge, is something I'd like to see. The problem is I can only look back 1 year. Perhaps 2 years from now I'll have an answer.
 
We already know that freezing Reta is not a good idea.




Can I have some advice on kit strength?



Head over to PeptideDosages.com and check out what they have on Tirzepatide. You'll find plenty there, such as details on buying peptides. The link below points to T5. https://peptidedosages.com/single-peptide-dosages/tirzepatide-5-mg-vial-dosage-protocol/

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com
 

Attachments

  • 051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 1
Gt3294a said:

Chili777 said:

We already know that freezing Reta is not a good idea.




Can I have some advice on kit strength?



Head over to PeptideDosages.com and check out what they have on Tirzepatide. You'll find plenty there, such as details on buying peptides. The link below points to T5. https://peptidedosages.com/single-peptide-dosages/tirzepatide-5-mg-vial-dosage-protocol/

View attachment 11748


GLP1Chat.com
Is that once it's been reconstituted?
That's right. Before that point, the freezer is where it belongs. In there, it ought to last for decades.
 
Chili777 said:

Gt3294a said:

Chili777 said:

We already know that freezing Reta is not a good idea.




Can I have some advice on kit strength?



Head over to PeptideDosages.com and check out what they have on Tirzepatide. You'll find plenty there, such as details on buying peptides. The link below points to T5. https://peptidedosages.com/single-peptide-dosages/tirzepatide-5-mg-vial-dosage-protocol/

View attachment 11748


GLP1Chat.com
Is that once it's been reconstituted?
That's right. Before that point, the freezer is where it belongs. In there, it ought to last for decades.
I sure hope that's the case. I've got a dedicated freezer out in the garage — I go in on a whole cow with 2 friends now and then, so there's plenty of room needed. But every time I reach for a vial, I find my wife has jammed a bag of frozen Costco nuggets right on top of my peptide box. So here's hoping those little guys hold up fine in the freezer.
 
Gt3294a said:

Chili777 said:

Gt3294a said:

Chili777 said:

We already know that freezing Reta is not a good idea.




Can I have some advice on kit strength?



Head over to PeptideDosages.com and check out what they have on Tirzepatide. You'll find plenty there, such as details on buying peptides. The link below points to T5. https://peptidedosages.com/single-peptide-dosages/tirzepatide-5-mg-vial-dosage-protocol/

View attachment 11748


GLP1Chat.com
Is that once it's been reconstituted?
That's right. Before that point, the freezer is where it belongs. In there, it ought to last for decades.
I sure hope that's the case. I've got a dedicated freezer out in the garage — I go in on a whole cow with 2 friends now and then, so there's plenty of room needed. But every time I reach for a vial, I find my wife has jammed a bag of frozen Costco nuggets right on top of my peptide box. So here's hoping those little guys hold up fine in the freezer.
🤣 Could you stick them at the bottom, where they won't get in the way? According to Peter Magic, lyophilized peptides generally hold up for months at room temperature, years in a fridge, and decades in a freezer. For anything I plan to use within the next 6-12 months, I store it in my mini fridge, with the dial at 4 out of 5 for coldness. As long as they're in a hard case for protection, they ought to be okay—even if nuggets end up sitting on top.
 
Chili777 said:

Gt3294a said:

Chili777 said:

Gt3294a said:

Chili777 said:

We already know that freezing Reta is not a good idea.




Can I have some advice on kit strength?



Head over to PeptideDosages.com and check out what they have on Tirzepatide. You'll find plenty there, such as details on buying peptides. The link below points to T5. https://peptidedosages.com/single-peptide-dosages/tirzepatide-5-mg-vial-dosage-protocol/

View attachment 11748


GLP1Chat.com
Is that once it's been reconstituted?
That's right. Before that point, the freezer is where it belongs. In there, it ought to last for decades.
I sure hope that's the case. I've got a dedicated freezer out in the garage — I go in on a whole cow with 2 friends now and then, so there's plenty of room needed. But every time I reach for a vial, I find my wife has jammed a bag of frozen Costco nuggets right on top of my peptide box. So here's hoping those little guys hold up fine in the freezer.
🤣 Could you stick them at the bottom, where they won't get in the way? According to Peter Magic, lyophilized peptides generally hold up for months at room temperature, years in a fridge, and decades in a freezer. For anything I plan to use within the next 6-12 months, I store it in my mini fridge, with the dial at 4 out of 5 for coldness. As long as they're in a hard case for protection, they ought to be okay—even if nuggets end up sitting on top.
With the size of my stockpile, they had better hold up for decades. 😆
 
All I can come up with is this: at what point did stability take a nosedive? What did it look like around the 90-day mark? I wish more individuals were carrying out this kind of work.
 
People frequently discuss the safe window for using peptides once they've been mixed, though I hadn't given it much consideration before. Based on what I'm seeing, the GLPs appear to hold up reasonably well for roughly 8 weeks before degradation becomes a concern, and past that point things get riskier. Personally, I'd always treated 8 weeks as a sensible balance for safety, and it looks like that same timeframe lines up well with stability too.
 
So whatever you mix up, you go through it in about a month or so... figured that was the standard approach anyway... no vial ever made it to 6 weeks. This study is pretty good news.
 

https://peptidecritic.com/blog/peptide-degradation-and-storage-tirzepatide-mots-c-and-mazdutide-lab-results


Summary of the article:

Peptide Degradation & Storage: Lab Results from Peptide Critic x AFI

Instead of going by what forums guess, Peptide Critic worked with Analytical Formulations Inc. to run actual tests on how 3 peptides — Tirzepatide, MOTS-c, and Mazdutide — break down once reconstituted.

Testing setup: For each peptide, 2 samples were prepared — 1 kept in a fridge at 36°F and 1 left at room temperature (~76°F) — both mixed with bacteriostatic water (0.9% benzyl alcohol), shielded from light, and tracked for about 4 months via UV-Vis spectrophotometry.

What stood out for each peptide:

• Tirzepatide stayed strong in the short term at room temp (97.8% activity on Day 7), yet fell to 40.3% by Day 31. In the fridge, it was at 92.3% on Day 61, then declined to 40.1% by Day 113.

• MOTS-c disproved the idea that it “degrades in hours” — at ambient temperature it still had 86.1% activity on Day 7. But by Day 31 at room temp, it dropped sharply to 16.9%. Refrigerated, it remained at 88.9% on Day 31, then fell to 35.4% by Day 113.

• Mazdutide was the most resilient at room temperature early on, with 64.5% activity on Day 31 ambient. In the fridge, it held 88.5% on Day 61 before falling to 38.3% by Day 113.

The overarching trend: All 3 peptides followed a similar curve — a fairly gradual initial loss, followed by a steep decline later. This occurred even in the refrigerated samples, which hints that temperature isn’t the sole variable. The benzyl alcohol present in bacteriostatic water might play a role in this threshold effect.

Key takeaways:

• Refrigeration clearly extends usable life, but it doesn’t keep peptides stable forever

• A brief period at room temperature isn’t necessarily disastrous, though it’s not something to ignore

• Peptides don’t all degrade at the same speed

• After reconstitution, degradation happens faster than many people expect
 
Airborne Daddy said:

So whatever you mix up, you go through it in about a month or so... figured that was the standard approach anyway... no vial ever made it to 6 weeks. This study is pretty good news.
My present R40 is going to be finished in 8 weeks, nearly all used up,
 
From other degradation studies, and from far more reliable labs, we know tirzepatide holds up well over 90 days.

One more thing: watch out for AFI. They've flunked blind tests. Given that they rely on the wrong equipment for peptide identification in the first place, that outcome isn't shocking. There really should be some sort of caution posted about this.
 
Back
Top