7 Months In, Histamine Reaction Out of Control and I'm Highly Sensitive

RigorMan

Explorer
Joined
Nov 24, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
California
I've run a bunch of different protocols over 7 months, with a couple of 2 week breaks thrown in. Everything has been pinned solo, one Pep at a time, never mixed. RT, then MOts, BPC, then RT Tesa BPC SLU. Now I've hit a point where pinning MOTS sets off a horrible reaction with welts. I switched to different vials and it's still going on. Over time my stomach, thighs and glutes have turned hypersensitive, and pinning has started to feel really prickly and unpleasant. I can push through it, but I'm wondering whether this could be a histamine receptor overload issue? Has anyone else run into this? It's been going on for over three weeks now and the sensitivity isn't easing up. I was considering trying a benadryl to see whether that does anything. Also, I'm down 40 lbs.
 
RigorMan said:

I've run a bunch of different protocols over 7 months, with a couple of 2 week breaks thrown in. Everything has been pinned solo, one Pep at a time, never mixed. RT, then MOts, BPC, then RT Tesa BPC SLU. Now I've hit a point where pinning MOTS sets off a horrible reaction with welts. I switched to different vials and it's still going on. Over time my stomach, thighs and glutes have turned hypersensitive, and pinning has started to feel really prickly and unpleasant. I can push through it, but I'm wondering whether this could be a histamine receptor overload issue? Has anyone else run into this? It's been going on for over three weeks now and the sensitivity isn't easing up. I was considering trying a benadryl to see whether that does anything. Also, I'm down 40 lbs.
Take it seriously — I've come across several anecdotal reports where individuals began with ISRs, later developed more systemic reactions, and ultimately reached full anaphylaxis while using MOTS-c. Should you decide to keep researching, keep a stronger rescue option than Benadryl nearby as a safeguard (an epi-pen, for instance).

A handful of people I know have noticed that taking antihistamines 30-45mins before pinning substantially reduced the localized mast cell response, but the possibility of sudden anaphylaxis is worth keeping in mind.
 
RigorMan said:

I've run a bunch of different protocols over 7 months, with a couple of 2 week breaks thrown in. Everything has been pinned solo, one Pep at a time, never mixed. RT, then MOts, BPC, then RT Tesa BPC SLU. Now I've hit a point where pinning MOTS sets off a horrible reaction with welts. I switched to different vials and it's still going on. Over time my stomach, thighs and glutes have turned hypersensitive, and pinning has started to feel really prickly and unpleasant. I can push through it, but I'm wondering whether this could be a histamine receptor overload issue? Has anyone else run into this? It's been going on for over three weeks now and the sensitivity isn't easing up. I was considering trying a benadryl to see whether that does anything. Also, I'm down 40 lbs.
Adding Thymosin Alpha 1 might be worth considering, since it can help keep your immune system in check. For 10 weeks I've taken 1mg daily, and the only allergy I have is to shellfish. Across a couple years of using peptides, pins have only triggered 3 Histamine reactions for me. In my experience the TA1 does seem to help my immune system stay balanced, and while I've been on the TA1 I haven't had any reactions.

AI slop:

How TA1 Impacts Histamine

  • Long-Term Immune Balancing: An immune system that is out of balance (in particular a Th2 dominance, which sets off IgE and histamine release) is often the root of allergies and histamine sensitivities. TA1 assists in recalibrating immune function, and that may lead to better overall tolerance as time goes on. [1]
  • Not an Antihistamine: TA1 balances immune signaling instead of blocking histamine receptors, so during an active flare-up it won't bring immediate relief from symptoms such as hives, itching, or nasal congestion. [1, 2]
 
nice write-up @unclebuff702 , a couple of points I want to tack on,

for one, peptides aren't always just peptides — endotoxin and lipopolysaccharide contamination happens, and that triggers immune reactions (plus inflammation, and occasionally even CV events). Switching vials won't help you here, since the whole lot is contaminated, and there's no workaround.

second, has thymosin alpha fragment crossed your mind? It might improve your situation.

seems @RubbaDubba1 got there before me 😉

If a thing gave me hives, I'd stop it. That said, MOTS-C didn't do much for me.
 
Have you experimented with more dilution, isotonic solution, pH testing, different needles, or pinning in multiple spots?
 
Back
Top