ScienceHippo
Explorer
At my rate, I figure I'll use somewhere around 4ml, maybe 5ml, of Hospira BAC each month. Has anyone here stretched a 30ml vial across 6 mos? Or am I overthinking this whole thing?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Wait, seriously!? That's great news. Once you punctured it the first time, what did you do for storage?ZippityDooDah said:
I’ve finally used up a vial that I first punctured back in August.
Yep, that's me too. On top of that, I keep it in the fridge because it's hot where I live.ScienceHippo said:
At my rate, I figure I'll use somewhere around 4ml, maybe 5ml, of Hospira BAC each month. Has anyone here stretched a 30ml vial across 6 mos? Or am I overthinking this whole thing?
gusterbuster said:
The way to pull this off is turning yourself into a total lab rat and pinning at minimum 6 peptides. That makes the BAC run out quicker.
Brandon556 said:
I've got a vial of bac water sitting around that I opened more than 2 years back, and I'm still drawing from it.
Water doesn't go bad, and neither does alcohol — no expiration, no breakdown. Not within my lifetime, at least.
Bacteria? Not a concern for me. I keep the vial clean and don't introduce anything into it. And suppose I did slip up — that's exactly why benzyl alcohol is mixed into the water in the first place.
indolent said:
So far, nobody has given me a solid reason not to freeze, thaw, then freeze again a bac vial that's already been opened.
On top of that, when it comes to tirzepatide (though this doesn't apply to other peptides), I'm fine with mixing up several vials in one go and sticking the extra reconstituted ones in the freezer.
Your mileage may vary. Do whatever feels right for you.
Nope, reconstituted Reta should never go in the freezer—keep it in the fridge. As for me, I keep using my BAC until the vial is empty.ScienceHippo said:
indolent said:
So far, nobody has given me a solid reason not to freeze, thaw, then freeze again a bac vial that's already been opened.
On top of that, when it comes to tirzepatide (though this doesn't apply to other peptides), I'm fine with mixing up several vials in one go and sticking the extra reconstituted ones in the freezer.
Your mileage may vary. Do whatever feels right for you.
Would you take the same approach with reta?
Keep in mind the parenthetical (but not other peptides) — that distinction matters. Tirzepatide gets nicknamed the cockroach of peptides because of how tough it is, so to speak. Situations that would heavily break down other peptides are ones Tirzepatide basically brushes aside. I don't know reta very well, but freezing it would give me pause; my guess is its effectiveness would drop sharply, maybe even be completely destroyed.ScienceHippo said:
indolent said:
So far, nobody has given me a solid reason not to freeze, thaw, then freeze again a bac vial that's already been opened.
On top of that, when it comes to tirzepatide (though this doesn't apply to other peptides), I'm fine with mixing up several vials in one go and sticking the extra reconstituted ones in the freezer.
Your mileage may vary. Do whatever feels right for you.
Would you take the same approach with reta?
When I was dividing up R50, I did. Nothing to worry about. I don't know of any testing on it, but several others have done the same without problems. Since I increased my dose, it no longer makes sense, though back in my early Reta phase it worked well for me.ScienceHippo said:
indolent said:
So far, nobody has given me a solid reason not to freeze, thaw, then freeze again a bac vial that's already been opened.
On top of that, when it comes to tirzepatide (though this doesn't apply to other peptides), I'm fine with mixing up several vials in one go and sticking the extra reconstituted ones in the freezer.
Your mileage may vary. Do whatever feels right for you.
Would you take the same approach with reta?
Tests were run by the group to see what freeze/thaw cycles do over time to peps that have been reconstituted (one test covered tirz plus a couple of others; reta was in a separate test). With tirz, mass barely dropped at all, whereas reta showed a small decrease ... likely more than you'd want if it meant giving up the effects you'd otherwise get.ScienceHippo said:
indolent said:
So far, nobody has given me a solid reason not to freeze, thaw, then freeze again a bac vial that's already been opened.
On top of that, when it comes to tirzepatide (though this doesn't apply to other peptides), I'm fine with mixing up several vials in one go and sticking the extra reconstituted ones in the freezer.
Your mileage may vary. Do whatever feels right for you.
Would you take the same approach with reta?
Don't expect everyone here to agree on anything ... you have to settle on what you're comfortable with and accept your own risks. That holds even when you're weighing Big Pharma or a surgical option with your board-certified MD.Diamondd817 said:
Alright, where does everyone stand on sticking BAC in the fridge once it's been opened? Yay or nay?
Mine goes back into the cabinet. I used to advise against keeping them in the fridge on the vials, but after checking a few just now, I didn't spot it.Diamondd817 said:
Alright, where does everyone stand on sticking BAC in the fridge once it's been opened? Yay or nay?
I have a faint recollection that someone ran tests on this, and I'll need to track them down. Certain bacteria were harder for BAC to keep in check as the temperature dropped.Diamondd817 said:
Alright, where does everyone stand on sticking BAC in the fridge once it's been opened? Yay or nay?