Prodigy217
Explorer
Hi all! I'm a 43-year-old guy living in CA, and I began exploring peptides roughly 9 weeks back. At 5'10" and 280 lbs right now, I'm honestly feeling quite stalled.
Earlier on, GLP-1s worked well for me — Sema first, then Tirz, both obtained via prescriptions and insurance. I dropped to 258 lbs and felt really good about where things were heading… then my insurance started fighting every refill and ultimately imposed a lifetime coverage cap. That basically yanked the foundation out from under me. Having originally begun at 295 lbs and now sitting back at 280, the frustration has been real.
After a great deal of research, I chose to try Reta. I'm 9 weeks in now, having titrated from 1mg up to 6mg, with my most recent pin this past Wednesday. During that titration, I also added MOTS-c and GHK-Cu.
What's puzzling me is that I've lost 0 pounds so far and frankly haven't felt any appetite suppression whatsoever. Given that I previously responded well to both Sema and Tirz, I'm trying to work out what I might be doing wrong or what could explain the difference this time.
So, while endlessly hunting for more knowledge, I came across this group and hope to learn from the experience and insight here. Looking forward to getting to know everyone, and I truly appreciate any advice, guidance, or knowledge you're willing to share.
Thanks everyone!
-Michael
Earlier on, GLP-1s worked well for me — Sema first, then Tirz, both obtained via prescriptions and insurance. I dropped to 258 lbs and felt really good about where things were heading… then my insurance started fighting every refill and ultimately imposed a lifetime coverage cap. That basically yanked the foundation out from under me. Having originally begun at 295 lbs and now sitting back at 280, the frustration has been real.
After a great deal of research, I chose to try Reta. I'm 9 weeks in now, having titrated from 1mg up to 6mg, with my most recent pin this past Wednesday. During that titration, I also added MOTS-c and GHK-Cu.
What's puzzling me is that I've lost 0 pounds so far and frankly haven't felt any appetite suppression whatsoever. Given that I previously responded well to both Sema and Tirz, I'm trying to work out what I might be doing wrong or what could explain the difference this time.
So, while endlessly hunting for more knowledge, I came across this group and hope to learn from the experience and insight here. Looking forward to getting to know everyone, and I truly appreciate any advice, guidance, or knowledge you're willing to share.
Thanks everyone!
-Michael