41-Year-Old Male on Reta, 1 IU GH, and KLOW Stack Asking for Protocol and Dosing Input

Redz said:

koffea said:

I get hgh prescribed by my doctor

My schedule is

2ui mon - fri - Sat and sun off

im also on 6mg of reta

HGH definetely makes me hungry, but for muscle recovery, mood, etc it has been a significant
What's the rationale behind 5 days on and 2 days off? For my own part, I've been using 5.5ius every day over the long haul and haven't had any blood sugar problems whatsoever. Reta does an excellent job of keeping that in check.
My guess is that nearby clinics would want you showing up nearly every day so their staff could give you the injections them$elves. Because they don't operate on weekends, they frame those days off as your receptors needing "to reset".
 
venkacelnor said:

Bioexplorer said:

venkacelnor said:

Hey everyone, just a brief update. Today my baseline IGF-1 results came in, so I now have a clear reference point prior to introducing HGH.

The result was 129 ng/mL, with the lab's reference interval listed as 58–219 ng/mL.

What's frustrating is that no Z-score for my age (41) appeared on the report — only the raw value and that broad range. I searched for an online calculator, but the Labcorp tool I came across caps out at age 18.

Does anyone know of a trustworthy site that computes adult Z-scores from age and ng/mL? Or can someone here walk me through the math so I can see precisely where I fall?

If not, I figure I'll just treat 129 as my baseline, start at 1 IU, and retest in eight weeks to see whether it pushes my numbers up or actually brings them down. What would you recommend I do?
Why not have an AI model run the math? Here's what Gemini came back with:

"Using typical statistical approximations for lab reference intervals, the IGF-1 Z-score works out to -0.24."

That figure holds if the lab gave you the right age-based range, and for a 41 yo male it seems plausible. Is your goal to land in the high-normal zone? Keep us posted on what 1 is does for you.
Appreciate it, man.

I ran that check too. A simple linear estimate lands at -0.24, but adult IGF-1 reference ranges are right-skewed, so once you apply the correct log-transformed math, the true median for my age on this particular assay comes out to roughly 122 ng/mL. That shifts my real Z-score to +0.40.

As for what you asked: yeah, I'm aiming for the high-normal band (+1.0 to +2.0 SD). The primary reason is connective tissue and joint repair, since I'm moving toward heavier lifting in CrossFit.

My plan is to begin at 1 IU per day and re-test after 8 weeks. I'll come back with results then to show whether this dose raises my score or just blunts my natural baseline.
My own starting point was 2iu, and that's what I'd recommend for you as well. After a fortnight I bumped it to 3iu. I've stayed at 3 since then. At age 51, my z score moved from -0.2 up to 1.2.

Going 8 weeks while possibly sitting below endogenous levels seems like too long. My suggestion would be to either check IGF sooner, or increase the dose to 3 or 4iu once sides fade.

Whatever you end up choosing, keep sharing your results and how things are going. In my view this forum would benefit from more members posting their dosages alongside blood test results as time goes on.
 
Back
Top