32M from the US, first-time Reta user saying hi

PandaReta

Explorer
Joined
Sep 22, 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Oklahoma
Hey all, at my heaviest I hit 447 lb. Back around ‘19 I dropped roughly 150 pounds through crash dieting across 13 months. Since then I've put back on about half of it, and my weight has stayed in the 340-360 range.

I went through a bunch of yo-yo diets with very little to show for it, so eventually I gave in and tried a peptide after a friend suggested it. I read up as much as I could and settled on retatrutide (reta), since "GLP-3" isn't actually a real thing. I've done 2 injections so far. There's a lot to absorb and I've already slipped up a few times, but I'm here to keep learning and hopefully get some pointers (which is why I joined this site).
 
Hello and welcome! Wishing you the best as you work toward your weight loss goals. I've made plenty of mistakes myself. There's a lot we can learn from each other.
 
Hello! Like the majority of us on Reta, I bet you'll be seeing results before long. Our stories line up quite a bit — I shed a huge amount of weight doing Keto, though that approach couldn't hold up over the long haul. My goal is to eventually taper off reta, but that's a tough thing to do when what it's giving me is this incredible.
 
PandaReta said:

Your guess is right on the money. As far as I know, no doctor is writing prescriptions for it at this point.
Haha, that's on me. Tirz and Reta get mixed up in my head!
 
Glad to have you here, friend. I started Reta on June 1st, and honestly I think of them less as mistakes and more as part of a learning curve. Nobody's the same, and each body responds in its own way. For me personally, dosing Reta every 3 to 4 days has been what works best — it keeps the food noise quiet and keeps my body moving, if you catch my meaning. Keep a journal and write down every adjustment you make, along with the pros and cons you run into; that'll shorten the learning curve, so to speak. Welcome to the group again, my friend.
 
My story is nearly identical. I gave keto and carnivore a shot, enjoyed both of them quite a bit, and saw solid results in the short term. That said, if you want to stay active, your body needs carbs, so neither approach worked as a long-term solution. Best of luck, and wlecome!
 
UnluckySon said:

My story is nearly identical. I gave keto and carnivore a shot, enjoyed both of them quite a bit, and saw solid results in the short term. That said, if you want to stay active, your body needs carbs, so neither approach worked as a long-term solution. Best of luck, and wlecome!
Haha, tell me about it

Fingers crossed this does the trick. Tesa could end up joining the mix
 
PandaReta said:

Haha, tell me about it

Fingers crossed this does the trick. Tesa could end up joining the mix
Honestly, tessa has crossed my mind too. Peptides are completely new territory for me though, so jumping in too fast and ending up in over my head isn't something I want. 😅 If you do end up trying it, let us know how it goes.
 
verbalizendure said:

Hello! Like the majority of us on Reta, I bet you'll be seeing results before long. Our stories line up quite a bit — I shed a huge amount of weight doing Keto, though that approach couldn't hold up over the long haul. My goal is to eventually taper off reta, but that's a tough thing to do when what it's giving me is this incredible.
If the carnivore crowd catches wind that this approach didn't work long-term for you, they won't be happy!
 
Back
Top