30mg Tirzepatide Vials, or Something Else?

therealdlg

Explorer
Joined
May 28, 2026
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Location
Canton, Ga 30115
Based on what I've looked into...the 30mg tirzepatide vials appear to be the option people go for most often. What's the reason for that? Or is there a different dosage that works out better?
 
therealdlg said:

Based on what I've looked into...the 30mg tirzepatide vials appear to be the option people go for most often. What's the reason for that? Or is there a different dosage that works out better?
60mg vials are my preference since they cost less
 
therealdlg said:

Based on what I've looked into...the 30mg tirzepatide vials appear to be the option people go for most often. What's the reason for that? Or is there a different dosage that works out better?
The reasoning probably comes down to how many doses each vial holds. At 5mg/week, one bottle lasts 6 weeks (slightly past the 28 day "recommendation" people mention, though nowhere near months). At 7.5mg/week, you get 4 weeks per bottle (that matches the 28 days). 10mg = 3 weeks, 12.5mg (roughly 2.4 weeks), and 15mg = 2 weeks. Because a lot of users sit in the 5-10mg range for an extended period, staying with T30 makes sense. When you move past 12.5mg, switching to a larger vial like T40 or T60 becomes more logical.

If someone began with T60, for example, the per-bottle duration would be 12, 8, 6, 5, and 4 weeks respectively. Some folks aren't at ease using a single bottle for longer than 4 or possibly 6 weeks.
 
jsc1980 said:

therealdlg said:

Based on what I've looked into...the 30mg tirzepatide vials appear to be the option people go for most often. What's the reason for that? Or is there a different dosage that works out better?
The reasoning probably comes down to how many doses each vial holds. At 5mg/week, one bottle lasts 6 weeks (slightly past the 28 day "recommendation" people mention, though nowhere near months). At 7.5mg/week, you get 4 weeks per bottle (that matches the 28 days). 10mg = 3 weeks, 12.5mg (roughly 2.4 weeks), and 15mg = 2 weeks. Because a lot of users sit in the 5-10mg range for an extended period, staying with T30 makes sense. When you move past 12.5mg, switching to a larger vial like T40 or T60 becomes more logical.

If someone began with T60, for example, the per-bottle duration would be 12, 8, 6, 5, and 4 weeks respectively. Some folks aren't at ease using a single bottle for longer than 4 or possibly 6 weeks.
For tirz, 30mg simply works out better in my calculations...my reta is 20mg for the same numerical convenience...ymmv
 
Like jsc mentioned, that approach makes pen dosing simple and finishes the vial fast, which cuts down on sterility and bacterial growth concerns. Also, don't skip filtering!

Cheers!
 
I prefer 40 and 60 since I'm extremely lazy and don't want to deal with reconstituting so frequently. (That said, as others have mentioned, your mileage may vary depending on your dosage)
 
60 mg works out cheaper. My weekly amount is 10mg, so if the first shot happens right after mixing, the final one lands 35 days post-reconstitution. Honestly, I call the 28 day guideline nonsense. Since BAC water goes into the mix and that acts as a preservative, I figure these vials stay fully potent for a good number of weeks. The 120 mg vials crossed my mind, but I reckoned that was maybe stretching things — though in reality, probably not.

After hanging around this forum for a few weeks, my takeaway is that all of us, me included, have a habit of overanalyzing just a bit 😂. Still, that's partly what keeps it enjoyable, so my hope is we never quit doing it.
 
therealdlg said:

Based on what I've looked into...the 30mg tirzepatide vials appear to be the option people go for most often. What's the reason for that? Or is there a different dosage that works out better?
Which makes me ask: is it typical for folks to finish up at Tirzepatide's 15mg ceiling? Or do most settle in the 7.5 to 10 range? Appreciate it, everyone!
 
therealdlg said:

therealdlg said:

Based on what I've looked into...the 30mg tirzepatide vials appear to be the option people go for most often. What's the reason for that? Or is there a different dosage that works out better?
Which makes me ask: is it typical for folks to finish up at Tirzepatide's 15mg ceiling? Or do most settle in the 7.5 to 10 range? Appreciate it, everyone!
Dose reactions vary from person to person. At 2.5mg I was hardly able to hold anything down, so I remained at that level for several months and dropped roughly a pound each week. Around a month ago I stepped up to 5mg, and I intend to remain at this dose for a few months at minimum. Your own response could be entirely different, and you might need to increase every 4 weeks. Testing groups are far easier to locate for T30, so even back when I was on that lower dose I would purchase T30s and simply discard them after 6 weeks. Once the cheaper group testing was factored in, it still came out less expensive. These days I use all of it, and I am pleased to have the T30s.
 
Tirzmonkey said:

60 mg works out cheaper. My weekly amount is 10mg, so if the first shot happens right after mixing, the final one lands 35 days post-reconstitution. Honestly, I call the 28 day guideline nonsense. Since BAC water goes into the mix and that acts as a preservative, I figure these vials stay fully potent for a good number of weeks. The 120 mg vials crossed my mind, but I reckoned that was maybe stretching things — though in reality, probably not.

After hanging around this forum for a few weeks, my takeaway is that all of us, me included, have a habit of overanalyzing just a bit 😂. Still, that's partly what keeps it enjoyable, so my hope is we never quit doing it.
I'm on the same page. Based on the majority of what I've come across, a 90 day window feels acceptable to me. If that's the case, a T30 would give me 84 days at 2.5mg/week.

Right now I'm using R20 vials for Reta at 1.5mg every 3 days (recently increased from 1mg). So one vial lasts about 40 days. Loading it into a pen is also straightforward (20+2ml=1mg/10iu). I've got R30 coming, which at my current dose would stretch to 60 days (that works for me too). If I end up needing to increase by the time the R20s are done, I'm still fine and won't have to reconstitute more often than every month or 2.

It's really about each person finding their own balance between cost, time and comfort.
 
Well, IMO every vial size has its fans, but I think it comes down to dosing and storage.

Keeping a mixed vial for roughly a month is usually the advice, for sterility and degradation reasons.

At the top clinical dose of 15mg, a 60mg vial covers about a month, whereas at 7.5mg you get close to two months.

The reverse holds for smaller vials, which run out quickly. Again, at 7.5mg, 10-12mg vials cover only a single dose, and 24mg gets you just 3 weeks.

See what I mean? 30mg lands in that sweet spot for low and medium dosages, where a reconstituted vial lasts neither TOO long nor TOO little.

Naturally everything hinges on dose. At 10mg weekly, 60mg suits someone better. And since a lot of people run vials for up to 3 months, going higher still, like 100mg or 120mg, works fine for them.

therealdlg said:

therealdlg said:

Based on what I've looked into...the 30mg tirzepatide vials appear to be the option people go for most often. What's the reason for that? Or is there a different dosage that works out better?
Which makes me ask: is it typical for folks to finish up at Tirzepatide's 15mg ceiling? Or do most settle in the 7.5 to 10 range? Appreciate it, everyone!
Plenty of factors come into it. The main ones are how your body responds and time.

Reactions to Tirz vary a lot, some people get hunger suppression at really low dosages while others have to titrate up quickly. Depending on that and how long you are on Tirz, you might end up reaching that max dose or not.
 
GrandmaJ said:

therealdlg said:

therealdlg said:

Based on what I've looked into...the 30mg tirzepatide vials appear to be the option people go for most often. What's the reason for that? Or is there a different dosage that works out better?
Which makes me ask: is it typical for folks to finish up at Tirzepatide's 15mg ceiling? Or do most settle in the 7.5 to 10 range? Appreciate it, everyone!
Dose reactions vary from person to person. At 2.5mg I was hardly able to hold anything down, so I remained at that level for several months and dropped roughly a pound each week. Around a month ago I stepped up to 5mg, and I intend to remain at this dose for a few months at minimum. Your own response could be entirely different, and you might need to increase every 4 weeks. Testing groups are far easier to locate for T30, so even back when I was on that lower dose I would purchase T30s and simply discard them after 6 weeks. Once the cheaper group testing was factored in, it still came out less expensive. These days I use all of it, and I am pleased to have the T30s.

My situation matches that, except it's more severe. Staying at 2.5 wasn't possible beyond 2 weeks for me, so I dropped to 1.5. Now at 6 weeks, eating enough just to survive is still a struggle.
 
Back
Top