30-31g 8mm (5/16") Luer Lock or Luer Slip Needles only

BNLFL

Explorer
Joined
Feb 14, 2026
Messages
1,953
Reaction score
0
Location
SW Florida
Just the needle. Has anyone come across these? I spent roughly an hour searching this morning and found nothing. Amazon does carry some, but from what I read, it feels like a food injection tool. Easy Touch or BD/Embecca would be my preference. The nearest option I've spotted is 30g 1/2".

Thanks
 
For what purpose would a luer lock needle be used? Hopefully not for injections... Insulin-type shots/glp1 rely on one piece syringes. Thin, short needles. When doing bulk transfers into a vial, or when a filter is involved, luer lock is typical: a luer lock syringe paired with a luer lock needle. Such needles are longer so they can reach the vial's bottom, and have a bigger diameter, which allows transfer flow that is easier and quicker.
 
TooBigtoFail said:

For what purpose would a luer lock needle be used? Hopefully not for injections... Insulin-type shots/glp1 rely on one piece syringes. Thin, short needles. When doing bulk transfers into a vial, or when a filter is involved, luer lock is typical: a luer lock syringe paired with a luer lock needle. Such needles are longer so they can reach the vial's bottom, and have a bigger diameter, which allows transfer flow that is easier and quicker.
Appreciate it, that's already clear to me. For injecting, I use BD and Easy Touch 31g 8mm. When it comes to reconstitution, filtration and similar tasks with the 3ml luer lock, I've got 27g 1.5" on hand.
 
TooBigtoFail said:

For what purpose would a luer lock needle be used? Hopefully not for injections... Insulin-type shots/glp1 rely on one piece syringes. Thin, short needles. When doing bulk transfers into a vial, or when a filter is involved, luer lock is typical: a luer lock syringe paired with a luer lock needle. Such needles are longer so they can reach the vial's bottom, and have a bigger diameter, which allows transfer flow that is easier and quicker.
A luer lock needle isn't automatically too long or unsuitable for injecting. The point is that reconstitution and filtration can be done with a longer needle that has a lower gauge.

You don't have to rely solely on an insulin syringe.
 
Online medical supply shops are everywhere. I'd love to pass along the ones I buy from, but I'm still stuck with this ridiculous tag. Honestly, type “medical supply store” into Google and a dozen will come up.
 
Right now, in this very sub-forum, a separate thread is discussing this same topic — I’m not even able to link to it.
 
BNLFL said:

Just the needle. Has anyone come across these? I spent roughly an hour searching this morning and found nothing. Amazon does carry some, but from what I read, it feels like a food injection tool. Easy Touch or BD/Embecca would be my preference. The nearest option I've spotted is 30g 1/2".

Thanks
On Am-zon, I've come across 32g 4mm Luer lock needles.
 
Minkster said:

BNLFL said:

Just the needle. Has anyone come across these? I spent roughly an hour searching this morning and found nothing. Amazon does carry some, but from what I read, it feels like a food injection tool. Easy Touch or BD/Embecca would be my preference. The nearest option I've spotted is 30g 1/2".

Thanks
On Am-zon, I've come across 32g 4mm Luer lock needles.
I've come across them too. Quite a few reviews mention that they aren't particularly sharp.
 
BNLFL said:

Just the needle. Has anyone come across these? I spent roughly an hour searching this morning and found nothing. Amazon does carry some, but from what I read, it feels like a food injection tool. Easy Touch or BD/Embecca would be my preference. The nearest option I've spotted is 30g 1/2".

Thanks
 
TooBigtoFail said:

For what purpose would a luer lock needle be used? Hopefully not for injections... Insulin-type shots/glp1 rely on one piece syringes. Thin, short needles. When doing bulk transfers into a vial, or when a filter is involved, luer lock is typical: a luer lock syringe paired with a luer lock needle. Such needles are longer so they can reach the vial's bottom, and have a bigger diameter, which allows transfer flow that is easier and quicker.
Lure lock and lure slip come in every gauge and wall thickness you could want. For decades, that's the only kind I've ever used. My preference is Lure lock, since I never inject with the needle I used to draw. Paying just pennies more per injection gets you a brand new sharp needle that hasn't pierced a rubber stopper. What do you think hospitals use for injections!
 
I decided against that. The 31g work well. Drawing and pinning is no issue for me. Neither my wife nor I felt the needle at all. I have 400 1ml and .05 syringes, 31g 8mm.
 
BNLFL said:

I decided against that. The 31g work well. Drawing and pinning is no issue for me. Neither my wife nor I felt the needle at all. I have 400 1ml and .05 syringes, 31g 8mm.
I bought 200 Nipro 1ml luer slip syringes that came with 27g ½” needles. Pulling liquid goes a lot quicker. When it’s time to inject, I switch over to a 30g ½” Easy Touch, and that doesn’t hurt because the tip is brand new and the first thing it contacts is your skin.

What’s not so great: there’s extra dead space, and changing the needle means an additional step. So I’ve ended up going back to a 31g Easy Touch insulin syringe as my preference.

I worked out a way to make shots with the insulin syringe completely free of pain. Right before you inject, touch the needle gently to your skin. Should it feel like a sting is coming, shift it 2-3 mm sideways. Typically after 1 or 2 tiny moves you land on a spot with no pain at all. The reason it works is that this slight shift keeps you from landing on a nerve/pain receptor.
 
Fordhayes said:

BNLFL said:

I decided against that. The 31g work well. Drawing and pinning is no issue for me. Neither my wife nor I felt the needle at all. I have 400 1ml and .05 syringes, 31g 8mm.
I bought 200 Nipro 1ml luer slip syringes that came with 27g ½” needles. Pulling liquid goes a lot quicker. When it’s time to inject, I switch over to a 30g ½” Easy Touch, and that doesn’t hurt because the tip is brand new and the first thing it contacts is your skin.

What’s not so great: there’s extra dead space, and changing the needle means an additional step. So I’ve ended up going back to a 31g Easy Touch insulin syringe as my preference.

I worked out a way to make shots with the insulin syringe completely free of pain. Right before you inject, touch the needle gently to your skin. Should it feel like a sting is coming, shift it 2-3 mm sideways. Typically after 1 or 2 tiny moves you land on a spot with no pain at all. The reason it works is that this slight shift keeps you from landing on a nerve/pain receptor.
Good to know. My previous injection felt like a tiny pinch and went in really smoothly.
 
Have you tried them yourself? I wasn't sure whether the brand makes much difference when it comes to needles, and the product page doesn't list any particular brand name. All I can spot is Shaotong in the pictures. That brand seems to show up all over Amazon.

If they work well enough, having them on hand for TRT would be handy, since I've got plenty of 21-25g I can draw with and then switch over to a new 30g for the SubQ.
 
msyntakz said:

Have you tried them yourself? I wasn't sure whether the brand makes much difference when it comes to needles, and the product page doesn't list any particular brand name. All I can spot is Shaotong in the pictures. That brand seems to show up all over Amazon.

If they work well enough, having them on hand for TRT would be handy, since I've got plenty of 21-25g I can draw with and then switch over to a new 30g for the SubQ.

I've got hundreds of barrels and needles that work fine for drawing. Easy Touch 29-30g needles run about $8-9. The fact that I have no 29-30g needles at all isn't a coincidence (though swapping needles each time wouldn't bother me much).

My go-to is 1/2" 29g .5ml insulin syringes, and I have hundreds of those too. I picked 29g since it draws noticeably faster than 30g. While I'm brushing my teeth, doing other injections, or whatever else, I let the test vial sit in a small container of warm water.
 
woundcarping said:

msyntakz said:

Have you tried them yourself? I wasn't sure whether the brand makes much difference when it comes to needles, and the product page doesn't list any particular brand name. All I can spot is Shaotong in the pictures. That brand seems to show up all over Amazon.

If they work well enough, having them on hand for TRT would be handy, since I've got plenty of 21-25g I can draw with and then switch over to a new 30g for the SubQ.

I've got hundreds of barrels and needles that work fine for drawing. Easy Touch 29-30g needles run about $8-9. The fact that I have no 29-30g needles at all isn't a coincidence (though swapping needles each time wouldn't bother me much).

My go-to is 1/2" 29g .5ml insulin syringes, and I have hundreds of those too. I picked 29g since it draws noticeably faster than 30g. While I'm brushing my teeth, doing other injections, or whatever else, I let the test vial sit in a small container of warm water.

Interesting — I wouldn't have expected a change from 30 down to 29 to affect draw time all that much. That's useful to know.

I've got a few hundred 30g 5/16 insulin syringes that I picked up for GLP use. The TRT clinic provided me with a pile of barrels plus a pile of 21 and 25 1" needles to pair with them. My thinking was that I could draw with those, then switch to a 29-30 for injecting, so the clinic's stock wouldn't go unused.
 
msyntakz said:

woundcarping said:

msyntakz said:

Have you tried them yourself? I wasn't sure whether the brand makes much difference when it comes to needles, and the product page doesn't list any particular brand name. All I can spot is Shaotong in the pictures. That brand seems to show up all over Amazon.

If they work well enough, having them on hand for TRT would be handy, since I've got plenty of 21-25g I can draw with and then switch over to a new 30g for the SubQ.

I've got hundreds of barrels and needles that work fine for drawing. Easy Touch 29-30g needles run about $8-9. The fact that I have no 29-30g needles at all isn't a coincidence (though swapping needles each time wouldn't bother me much).

My go-to is 1/2" 29g .5ml insulin syringes, and I have hundreds of those too. I picked 29g since it draws noticeably faster than 30g. While I'm brushing my teeth, doing other injections, or whatever else, I let the test vial sit in a small container of warm water.

Interesting — I wouldn't have expected a change from 30 down to 29 to affect draw time all that much. That's useful to know.

I've got a few hundred 30g 5/16 insulin syringes that I picked up for GLP use. The TRT clinic provided me with a pile of barrels plus a pile of 21 and 25 1" needles to pair with them. My thinking was that I could draw with those, then switch to a 29-30 for injecting, so the clinic's stock wouldn't go unused.

For peptide reconstitution, those are what I reach for. That said, I picked up 3ml and 5ml syringes and needles in individual packs too. (What the clinic gave me were syringe/needle combos, each wrapped separately.)
 
msyntakz said:

woundcarping said:

msyntakz said:

Have you tried them yourself? I wasn't sure whether the brand makes much difference when it comes to needles, and the product page doesn't list any particular brand name. All I can spot is Shaotong in the pictures. That brand seems to show up all over Amazon.

If they work well enough, having them on hand for TRT would be handy, since I've got plenty of 21-25g I can draw with and then switch over to a new 30g for the SubQ.

I've got hundreds of barrels and needles that work fine for drawing. Easy Touch 29-30g needles run about $8-9. The fact that I have no 29-30g needles at all isn't a coincidence (though swapping needles each time wouldn't bother me much).

My go-to is 1/2" 29g .5ml insulin syringes, and I have hundreds of those too. I picked 29g since it draws noticeably faster than 30g. While I'm brushing my teeth, doing other injections, or whatever else, I let the test vial sit in a small container of warm water.

Interesting — I wouldn't have expected a change from 30 down to 29 to affect draw time all that much. That's useful to know.

I've got a few hundred 30g 5/16 insulin syringes that I picked up for GLP use. The TRT clinic provided me with a pile of barrels plus a pile of 21 and 25 1" needles to pair with them. My thinking was that I could draw with those, then switch to a 29-30 for injecting, so the clinic's stock wouldn't go unused.

A 29g needle gives you 20-35% greater cross-sectional area and flow compared to 30g... that slight bump in radius gets squared.
 
Back
Top