$3 glps

ChicagoFit

Explorer
Joined
Feb 5, 2026
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Location
Chicago, IL
cb1354eeb4a5bd1c7cf9a1c17193c8e66dcc8b792f02701361436ac176d73c2a.jpg




Weight-Loss Drugs Could Cost Just $3 a Month to Make as Patents End



Researchers said Friday that a blockbuster drug for both anti-obesity and diabetes might be manufactured for as little as $3 monthly after its patent expires later this month, offering a significant chance to improve health in low and middle-income countries.

ce0a968f66e1a2e072f22f4ecb6d4bf62b819baa170123b522b7605d4fb8b53e.png



www.sciencealert.com
 
Right now, my max dose runs me roughly $10 each month. Still, finding that kind of pricing from a legitimate supplier would be great.
 
Nmcoyote1 said:

Right now, my max dose runs me roughly $10 each month. Still, finding that kind of pricing from a legitimate supplier would be great.
I don't think that's going to happen in the US—probably it's other countries, from what I can picture.
 
The claim of $3 monthly per-person manufacturing expense only covers production. You still have to account for profit margins, shareholder returns, plus packaging, freight, and every other genuine expense tied to making and getting the product out. That figure tells us nothing about what it actually sells for. I'll take a guess that the real per "monthly dose" outlay dropped under that number a long time ago, once factories and machinery were paid off.

When X MG costs Y $$, you can be sure our out-of-pocket isn't -2x to -3x the true cost — it's closer to -10x to -30x. So even today, I'd say they're operating at "pennies per dose" rather than the "could be as low as $3 per" that gets quoted.
 
"Semaglutide could see this same medical breakthrough repeated," he stated.

For millions, that might be fantastic. Personally, though, I'm holding off on switching things up until Tirz becomes cheaper🙂
 
Back
Top