Hi all, as the title says, I've carried extra weight for as long as I can remember. After going through several threads here, I was taken aback by how many members are far older than me. I had assumed this place would be a mid-20s gym-bro hangout, similar to other boards, but discovering such a wide age spread among users here makes me feel somewhat more at ease. As for me, my weight has never been something I've been content with. I've steered clear of cameras and social situations, and my self-esteem and confidence have always been low, which has produced a long list of "nevers" in my life (I've never done this, that, etc.) due to the way I view myself. My birthday just passed, and from that point on I've committed to improving myself for good. No more overeating, no more excuses. For a while now I've been hitting at least 10k steps daily, and I bought a food scale plus a bodyweight scale, so now I'm tracking my progress. Commitment is something I struggle with a lot, so sharing this here is sort of a way to hold myself accountable.
I've been researching peptides, and at first I unfortunately got caught up in the fear mongering, but I've been doing my own research and things seem safe, and after talking to some people, peptides/glps have improved their lives tenfold. So down the line, maybe even soon, I'd be looking into starting my own journey with peptides.
Anyway, that wraps up my intro. Looking forward to the future, and I'll def be reading more posts on here!
Also, for reference: 248lbs (260lbs peak weight) 5'11" and I'm from Georgia, USA!
I've been researching peptides, and at first I unfortunately got caught up in the fear mongering, but I've been doing my own research and things seem safe, and after talking to some people, peptides/glps have improved their lives tenfold. So down the line, maybe even soon, I'd be looking into starting my own journey with peptides.
Anyway, that wraps up my intro. Looking forward to the future, and I'll def be reading more posts on here!
Also, for reference: 248lbs (260lbs peak weight) 5'11" and I'm from Georgia, USA!