18 pounds lost in 5 weeks

TooGood76

Explorer
Joined
Apr 21, 2026
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Location
Pennsylvania
I've now been using it for 5 weeks, and I'm at 2mg. The scale shows 18lbs down. For me that's a big deal, particularly since during this stretch my grandfather passed away, there were several family problems, and my fiancé's dad got a cancer diagnosis. Ordinarily I would have been eating and drinking my feelings into oblivion.
 
Really happy for you, man. Just remember to look after your mind too, not only your body 🙏🏽
 
AOD9604 said:

Really happy for you, man. Just remember to look after your mind too, not only your body 🙏🏽
I'm giving it my best shot, man — laughing about it, but mostly just keeping it together for her.
 
That works out to 3.6lbs each week. Personally, I think that's slightly too quick. The initial week was probably just water weight.
 
BNLFL said:

That works out to 3.6lbs each week. Personally, I think that's slightly too quick. The initial week was probably just water weight.
Yeah, week 1 was most likely water — I dropped close to 7 pounds in those first days, and that clearly wasn't fat. Things have leveled off since then. Nothing in the data says that shedding fat at a fast yet reasonable pace does any harm. Based on a TDEE calculator — and without counting the 10 miles of cycling I've done every day since starting — my calorie deficit works out to roughly 3.2lbs per week.
 
deliriousduckie said:

Amazing job!! Whether it's only water weight at the beginning, you're still doing the work and maintaining the momentum.
After that first big whoosh, the following weeks were slower — and since that slowdown didn't line up with how much I was eating, it was clearly just my body settling into a new normal. I take in 1700 calories a day, and for me that's doable long term: no hunger pangs, no turning against food, just a quick sense of fullness plus the ability to keep cravings in check. Case in point — the candy dish at work no longer requires me to burn through every last bit of self-control to walk past it without grabbing any.
 
I'm sorry you're dealing with these difficult things, but I'm happy that reta is working for you! I'm an emotional eater too — would you mind sharing how reta is affecting your cravings?
 
Back
Top