14 shots in: husband had a reaction to GHK-cu

Calm Logic said:

YD Peptide's GHK basic offering: a 50-mg kit runs $50, yet shipping costs roughly the same because there's no US warehouse.

Meanwhile, some folks dodge ISRs entirely by injecting subq into the hip (side of the butt) rather than the abdomen when dealing with spicy peptides—GHK-Cu (and KLOW) plus MOTS-c included. I gave it a go this morning with glutathione and it appears to work.
There's another well-known approach, which I think has come up earlier in this thread: switch to a longer subq needle (8mm instead of 5mm) so the injection lands beneath the dermis and fat layers that tend to react. That's what helped in my case (I also started KPV), though juggling 2 different needle sizes is a hassle, pen or no pen.
 
With glutathione, the 1/2" (12.7 mm) insulin syringes do give me a bit of relief.

As for the hip area for subq, a few possible drawbacks come to mind: absorption can be slower because there is less blood flow (though that may actually be beneficial), and clothing tends to cause more irritation:

Google Gemini said:


FeatureAbdomenHip (Subq)Blood FlowHigh (Rapid absorption)Lower (Slower, steady release)Serum SpikesSharper peak levelsBlunted (Potentially fewer side effects)Tissue DensityLoose / SoftDenser (Depot may linger longer)Clothing FrictionMinimal (Center of torso)High (Waistbands / Belts / Seams)Ease of AccessHigh (Full visibility)Moderate (Requires reaching/twisting)

Click to expand...
 
Per the Dr. Seeds book, which leans toward a cautious GHK-Cu dose:

DOSAGE:

1 to 2 mg/day for 6-week intervals

Can be utilized 3 to 4 times a year

POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS:

A possibility of copper toxicity; monitor carefully.

The lunula of the nail turns blue (corrects over 4 to 6 weeks).

Click to expand...

Gemini's interpretation regarding the milligrams:

Dose CategoryTypical RangeObserved Effects/RisksLow/Conservative1 – 2 mg/dayGenerally well-tolerated; low toxicity riskModerate/Clinical4 – 8 mg/dayUsed in monitored clinical trials; requires toxicity checksHigh/ExperimentalOver 8 mg/dayIncreased risk of blue lunula and copper toxicity

Click to expand...
A copper blood test costs $27 at GoodLabs, with an additional draw fee.
 
Hello all.

I just joined and I'm looking into GHK-Cu. I'm thinking about running 2mg per day long-term.

I've come across suggestions that adding zinc while taking GHK-Cu can help get better results because of the copper in it. What amount do you take? That is, if you take it at all.
 
I came across a claim that zinc should be taken at 10x the GHK-Cu amount. My husband is on 50mg zinc tablets every other day, plus 2mg GHK-CU daily.
 
After 14 injections, my husband reacted to GHK-cu. The stinging was severe and went on for more than 12hrs. So I moved to the topical and oral supplement forms. Maybe a non-stinging version will be released eventually.
 
Calm Logic said:

With glutathione, the 1/2" (12.7 mm) insulin syringes do give me a bit of relief.

As for the hip area for subq, a few possible drawbacks come to mind: absorption can be slower because there is less blood flow (though that may actually be beneficial), and clothing tends to cause more irritation:

Google Gemini said:


FeatureAbdomenHip (Subq)Blood FlowHigh (Rapid absorption)Lower (Slower, steady release)Serum SpikesSharper peak levelsBlunted (Potentially fewer side effects)Tissue DensityLoose / SoftDenser (Depot may linger longer)Clothing FrictionMinimal (Center of torso)High (Waistbands / Belts / Seams)Ease of AccessHigh (Full visibility)Moderate (Requires reaching/twisting)

Click to expand...
Finding this thread is a relief. ISR has been giving me trouble, and I went from 6mm up to 8mm, switched to the thighs, added more bac water, tried epi/lido, a 3 pin stick, a massage gun, and cut my dosage down to almost nothing. Last night I used the 12.7mm, and even though the sting hung around for a while after, there's no red welt now, just the slightest suggestion of bruising. Honestly it could just be how the light is hitting it. Whew. Tonight I'll try 12.7mm in the hip. My thighs need a break. And my abdomen is a definite no no for it.
 
PEP-Guardyola said:

Hello all.

I just joined and I'm looking into GHK-Cu. I'm thinking about running 2mg per day long-term.

I've come across suggestions that adding zinc while taking GHK-Cu can help get better results because of the copper in it. What amount do you take? That is, if you take it at all.
Hi there! I'm also pretty new around here. My zinc intake is 50mg, roughly 3 times per week. On top of that, my everyday multivitamin contains a tiny amount. The Anela protocol, from what I've read, calls for 30-50mg every day. I'd follow that, except the zinc I have is in chewable form, and chewing them daily causes blisters in my mouth. So instead of quitting, I'm pushing through and finishing the bottle at about 3 times a week. Once these chewables are gone, I'll find another version and use it every day during my next cycle.
 
Jittrbug said:

PEP-Guardyola said:

Hello all.

I just joined and I'm looking into GHK-Cu. I'm thinking about running 2mg per day long-term.

I've come across suggestions that adding zinc while taking GHK-Cu can help get better results because of the copper in it. What amount do you take? That is, if you take it at all.
Hi there! I'm also pretty new around here. My zinc intake is 50mg, roughly 3 times per week. On top of that, my everyday multivitamin contains a tiny amount. The Anela protocol, from what I've read, calls for 30-50mg every day. I'd follow that, except the zinc I have is in chewable form, and chewing them daily causes blisters in my mouth. So instead of quitting, I'm pushing through and finishing the bottle at about 3 times a week. Once these chewables are gone, I'll find another version and use it every day during my next cycle.
I’m not familiar with that recommendation, but I’d be careful: 40mg is the upper safe limit for total daily zinc (food plus supplements). Going over that has been linked to stomach issues, headaches, and dizziness. I know a person who took 50mg by mistake and did get those symptoms.
 
Labcat said:

Jittrbug said:

PEP-Guardyola said:

Hello all.

I just joined and I'm looking into GHK-Cu. I'm thinking about running 2mg per day long-term.

I've come across suggestions that adding zinc while taking GHK-Cu can help get better results because of the copper in it. What amount do you take? That is, if you take it at all.
Hi there! I'm also pretty new around here. My zinc intake is 50mg, roughly 3 times per week. On top of that, my everyday multivitamin contains a tiny amount. The Anela protocol, from what I've read, calls for 30-50mg every day. I'd follow that, except the zinc I have is in chewable form, and chewing them daily causes blisters in my mouth. So instead of quitting, I'm pushing through and finishing the bottle at about 3 times a week. Once these chewables are gone, I'll find another version and use it every day during my next cycle.
I’m not familiar with that recommendation, but I’d be careful: 40mg is the upper safe limit for total daily zinc (food plus supplements). Going over that has been linked to stomach issues, headaches, and dizziness. I know a person who took 50mg by mistake and did get those symptoms.
Huh, that's a good point — I'll dig into it further. Thanks for flagging it!
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

I use GHKcu (my little Blue Witch) on a regular basis, and every so often, based on where I inject that day, a lump can form beneath the skin... I add extra bac water to the syringe when diluting, and that appears to reduce that small lump.

I'm a big fan of it, so quitting isn't in the cards... though switching up where I inject also seems to make a difference.
Apologies for bringing back an older reply of yours. Not long ago I came across another comment you made regarding adding additional BAC. Could you go into a little more detail, please?

For a 50mg vial, how do you handle reconstitution, please, and after that do you pull BAC, swap the needle (?) and then draw your units?
 
On my torso I break out in small red bumps, and GHK is what I suspect causes them. Reta and NAD are also part of my routine. The itching is intense, even though I take zinc every day. My belief is that GHK is the culprit; stopping isn't something I'm ready to do, so for the time being I'll push through.
 
Back
Top