14 shots in: husband had a reaction to GHK-cu

PunkN

Explorer
Joined
Aug 29, 2024
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
My husband and I have each been injecting GHK-cu & KPV for more than 2 weeks now. There were a couple of nights we skipped.

After last night's injection, my husband had a reaction. We're drawing from the same vials.

He developed a raised rash with a hard feeling underneath. It was itchy, so he applied itch cream and took Benadryl today as a 'just in case'. Could this mean he's heading toward an allergic reaction? He didn't do tonight's shot.

Lately his allergies have been flaring and he's been itchier than usual.

Full disclosure: the first vials went unfiltered, but I did filter the newest one.
 
This has occurred to me on several occasions. There doesn't appear to be a pattern, and it resolves without intervention. It could be that a particular spot where you inject is more sensitive, or something along those lines. That said, since your husband isn't me, watching both the spot and him for any additional indications of an allergic reaction or infection is a sensible precaution.
 
Not sure, but my wife and I are on Klow. It took until shot 5 or 6 before I noticed a lump beneath the skin plus mild irritation. I realize that might not be much help, but perhaps someone with more knowledge on this topic will respond. I decided to simply put up with it and keep going, and for me the irritation clears up in roughly 24hrs.
 
This is what Gemini said regarding GHK-Cu: "Noted for intense sting. Primarily localized irritation, but copper sensitivity can cause systemic hives."

In case you're looking to panic (as a push to stop, or to obtain an EpiPen or Neffy):




Epi Pen resources?



Did anyone succeed in getting Epi Pens as a safeguard against possible anaphylaxis? If yes, how did you go about it? Is there a particular telehealth service that will write a prescription?

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com
 
Calm Logic said:

This is what Gemini said regarding GHK-Cu: "Noted for intense sting. Primarily localized irritation, but copper sensitivity can cause systemic hives."

In case you're looking to panic (as a push to stop, or to obtain an EpiPen or Neffy):




Epi Pen resources?



Did anyone succeed in getting Epi Pens as a safeguard against possible anaphylaxis? If yes, how did you go about it? Is there a particular telehealth service that will write a prescription?

View attachment 12482


GLP1Chat.com
We have some on hand. My husband has a severe allergy to yellow jackets, and our son is allergic to shellfish and penicillin.
 

Attachments

  • 051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 6
A number of individuals choose to move over to GHK (sans the Cu/copper) and report no issues with it:

Labcat said:


all the reports about ghk basic I’ve seen have reported complete comfort

Click to expand...

As for me, my experience with GHK-Cu has been topical only up to now, due to these kinds of accounts involving the injectable form (even though the injectable form offers greater advantages). Good prices for the topical form can be found on PWGrove's site, and also at Uther's US warehouse (UtherPep).
 
According to a 2014 paper, you can combine copper and copper-free GHK at a 1:1 ratio, and it notes that using only the copper-free version works too:

GHK and DNA: Resetting the Human Genome to Health

GHK has a very high affinity for Cu(2+) (pK of association = 16.4) and can easily obtain copper from the blood’s albumin bound Cu(2+) (pK of association = 16.2). Most of our key experiments used a 1:1 mixture of copper-free GHK and GHK:Cu(2+). In wound healing experiments, the addition of copper strongly enhanced healing. However, others often obtain effective results without added copper.

Click to expand...

Google Gemini said:


By using a mixture that has more GHK than copper, you provide a "buffer". Any copper that might have caused a "sensitivity" reaction is instead snapped up by the extra GHK and turned into a protective, antioxidant complex. This is likely why the paper notes that GHK is safe and effective even without adding extra copper—it just uses what your body already has available.

If you use copper-free GHK, it will "strip" copper from albumin in your blood because its binding strength (pK=16.4) is higher than albumin's (pK=16.2). The authors used a 1:1 mixture of copper-free GHK and GHK-Cu to ensure a balance between immediate activity and the ability to interact with the body's natural regulatory molecules.

Using an excess of GHK ensures that there is zero chance of "free" copper floating around. Any extra copper in the environment is immediately "snapped up" by the empty GHK. f"Free" or "loose" copper is dangerous because it is chemically unstable and acts as a pro-oxidant. When copper ions are not safely "caged" (sequestered) within a peptide like GHK, they trigger a chain reaction of cellular damage.

Click to expand...

A couple of members here—@kmamz296 and @RadicalCrimson—have tried blends (50 copper : 9 basic, plus 1:1):

kmamz296 said:


I used to get awful ISR with 50/10/10 GLOW. It would take a few hours but would last the rest of the day… just persistent burning at the injection site. I know it sounds crazy… but someone on an old QSC telegram group suggested I add some GHK-Basic (so without the -Cu) to the combo and I’ve been adding ~9mg of GHK-basic and the ISR/burn is COMPLETELY GONE. Not sure if the GHK-basic is scavenging some free copper that causes the ISR or what. But adding a little GHK-basic has made GLOW easily tolerable for me

Click to expand...

RadicalCrimson said:


Same, I was doing fine at 5mg/day of GHK-Cu with 3 close injections (1/2" needle), but one night I randomly got the bad ISR back that required ice packs all night.

Now I've added GHK-Basic (5mg/day, same as GHK-Cu) to the blend, zero ISR at the full dose in a single injection.

Click to expand...

My own preference would be to skip the mix and go straight copper-free; blending looks like extra hassle, whether you combine in one syringe or inject separately. If anyone's wondering about cost, a copper blood test runs $11.34 through Fitomics and $27 through GoodLabs, while zinc testing is less expensive.

How copper-free sidesteps immune or allergy reactions:

Google Gemini said:


FeatureGHK-Cu (Copper Complex)GHK (Copper-Free)Primary Immune ActionImmunomodulatory. Attracts immune cells (macrophages, mast cells) to injury sites to kickstart healing.Anti-inflammatory. Primarily reduces pro-inflammatory cytokines and resets gene expression.Allergy Risk LevelHigher. Adds the potential for metal sensitivity (copper) and higher histamine activity.Lower. Fewer "moving parts" for the immune system to react to; no metal ions.Histamine InteractionKnown to stimulate mast cell migration. While this helps tissue repair, it can trigger localized itching/hives.Less likely to trigger acute mast cell responses; focuses on calming systemic inflammation.Metal SensitivityPossible Contact Dermatitis or systemic reaction if you have a copper or nickel sensitivity.None. Ideal for those with known metal allergies.Injection Site ReactionCommon. Known for "stinging" or "burning" and localized redness due to the copper ions.Rare. Usually very "smooth" and painless when reconstituted correctly.

Click to expand...
 
Once, mots c gave me a reaction like that. Small itchy lumps were a regular thing for me with it, but one time a massive 15cm round, deep, firm lump formed beneath the skin in the subcutaneous fat tissue. It was extremely itchy and needed a week to improve, and after that it never happened again. When local reactions get more severe, or when there are any indications of a systemic allergic response, that is a solid reason to think about discontinuing it.
 
PunkN said:

My husband and I have each been injecting GHK-cu & KPV for more than 2 weeks now. There were a couple of nights we skipped.

After last night's injection, my husband had a reaction. We're drawing from the same vials.

He developed a raised rash with a hard feeling underneath. It was itchy, so he applied itch cream and took Benadryl today as a 'just in case'. Could this mean he's heading toward an allergic reaction? He didn't do tonight's shot.

Lately his allergies have been flaring and he's been itchier than usual.

Full disclosure: the first vials went unfiltered, but I did filter the newest one.
When allergies are already flaring, that type of reaction becomes far more probable, based on what I've been through. Environmental and food allergies are something I live with. That's how I learned that during a bad allergy stretch, some foods become off-limits for me, since they set off an allergic response that wouldn't happen otherwise. Good to see you're filtering now!
 
I use GHKcu (my little Blue Witch) on a regular basis, and every so often, based on where I inject that day, a lump can form beneath the skin... I add extra bac water to the syringe when diluting, and that appears to reduce that small lump.

I'm a big fan of it, so quitting isn't in the cards... though switching up where I inject also seems to make a difference.
 
I'd been running ghkCu/basic at 50:20, plus kpv, which I injected first into the same spot, and I added a bit of topical hydrocortisone for extra measure… I was titrating toward 4.5mg/day split into separate doses… and that was genuinely helping shut down my migraines… there was zero sting right away, but 2-5 hours afterward I'd feel stinging in that same leg at other spots I'd previously injected and where I'd had bruises. My read on that was that some kind of healing process was underway.

Roughly 1 week in, delayed itching began, along with a bump deep under the skin at the injection site that itched but wasn't hives. I moved to abdominal sq sites and every bump became substantially smaller. A few days later, though, the sites on my other leg where I do qd lira and ss31 also started producing delayed itchy bumps. Meanwhile my scalp had grown itchier, and so had my skin generally. I've tended to be fairly environmentally allergic in the past, and with the recent rains we're getting an early spring allergy season here, so that was piling on top.

It's still confined to 1 organ system (skin), so it isn't anaphylaxis. Even so, it looked like a mast cell reaction, a mechanical irritation, except it was also spilling over into making me more reactive to real allergies, which can happen. I began to suspect my needles and pen needles, which are honestly pretty poor quality, maybe the rubber stoppers, or some component common to all the products (my rather $$$$ Rx'd generic lira pen actually shipped from CN, so I strongly suspect it too is recon'd lyo'd pep).

I spoke with someone who'd had similar reactions and who took 5 days of high dose brand name Zyrtec antihistamine (4 pills a day, but do check with your doctor to make sure you're not missing or covering up increased anaphylaxis risk, which can be the case with those with atopic dermatitis or mast cell disorders, and mast cell disorders are apparently underdiagnosed since 50% of people with history of wasp sting anaphylaxis im one study turned out to have a mast cell clonal disorder ).

So, with my neffies within reach, I'm on day 3 of antihistamines and down to only 1.5mg of ghk, and I can report it has relieved my insomnia 🤣 and I'm less itchy, though new itchy welts keep appearing. I went back to topical hydrocortisone, which helps.

My next idea is to try ghk basic by itself, following the copper theory, but I'm somewhat concerned I may have to pause every injection so my mast cells can calm down, if literally everything sets this off.

Is anyone else reacting to ghk while also taking tirz? Tirz is probably quite effective at damping mast cell inflammation. If you take tirz and ghkcu, could you tell us whether you get any kind of isrs?

Anyone whose reaction is spreading should be very careful, and probably more careful than I've been. Antihistamines DO NOT treat or prevent anaphylaxis. Anyone who has had anaphylaxis before is likely at higher risk for another episode. Epi does not save everyone who gets anaphylaxis!
 
Labcat said:

I'd been running ghkCu/basic at 50:20, plus kpv, which I injected first into the same spot, and I added a bit of topical hydrocortisone for extra measure… I was titrating toward 4.5mg/day split into separate doses… and that was genuinely helping shut down my migraines… there was zero sting right away, but 2-5 hours afterward I'd feel stinging in that same leg at other spots I'd previously injected and where I'd had bruises. My read on that was that some kind of healing process was underway.

Roughly 1 week in, delayed itching began, along with a bump deep under the skin at the injection site that itched but wasn't hives. I moved to abdominal sq sites and every bump became substantially smaller. A few days later, though, the sites on my other leg where I do qd lira and ss31 also started producing delayed itchy bumps. Meanwhile my scalp had grown itchier, and so had my skin generally. I've tended to be fairly environmentally allergic in the past, and with the recent rains we're getting an early spring allergy season here, so that was piling on top.

It's still confined to 1 organ system (skin), so it isn't anaphylaxis. Even so, it looked like a mast cell reaction, a mechanical irritation, except it was also spilling over into making me more reactive to real allergies, which can happen. I began to suspect my needles and pen needles, which are honestly pretty poor quality, maybe the rubber stoppers, or some component common to all the products (my rather $$$$ Rx'd generic lira pen actually shipped from CN, so I strongly suspect it too is recon'd lyo'd pep).

I spoke with someone who'd had similar reactions and who took 5 days of high dose brand name Zyrtec antihistamine (4 pills a day, but do check with your doctor to make sure you're not missing or covering up increased anaphylaxis risk, which can be the case with those with atopic dermatitis or mast cell disorders, and mast cell disorders are apparently underdiagnosed since 50% of people with history of wasp sting anaphylaxis im one study turned out to have a mast cell clonal disorder ).

So, with my neffies within reach, I'm on day 3 of antihistamines and down to only 1.5mg of ghk, and I can report it has relieved my insomnia 🤣 and I'm less itchy, though new itchy welts keep appearing. I went back to topical hydrocortisone, which helps.

My next idea is to try ghk basic by itself, following the copper theory, but I'm somewhat concerned I may have to pause every injection so my mast cells can calm down, if literally everything sets this off.

Is anyone else reacting to ghk while also taking tirz? Tirz is probably quite effective at damping mast cell inflammation. If you take tirz and ghkcu, could you tell us whether you get any kind of isrs?

Anyone whose reaction is spreading should be very careful, and probably more careful than I've been. Antihistamines DO NOT treat or prevent anaphylaxis. Anyone who has had anaphylaxis before is likely at higher risk for another episode. Epi does not save everyone who gets anaphylaxis!
I’m using Tirz, and this is my 2nd time going through a ghkcu cycle. No isrs for me at all — I don’t even get that sting afterward that others mention. Still, it’s common knowledge that each person reacts differently to these things.
 
Sara360 said:

Labcat said:

I'd been running ghkCu/basic at 50:20, plus kpv, which I injected first into the same spot, and I added a bit of topical hydrocortisone for extra measure… I was titrating toward 4.5mg/day split into separate doses… and that was genuinely helping shut down my migraines… there was zero sting right away, but 2-5 hours afterward I'd feel stinging in that same leg at other spots I'd previously injected and where I'd had bruises. My read on that was that some kind of healing process was underway.

Roughly 1 week in, delayed itching began, along with a bump deep under the skin at the injection site that itched but wasn't hives. I moved to abdominal sq sites and every bump became substantially smaller. A few days later, though, the sites on my other leg where I do qd lira and ss31 also started producing delayed itchy bumps. Meanwhile my scalp had grown itchier, and so had my skin generally. I've tended to be fairly environmentally allergic in the past, and with the recent rains we're getting an early spring allergy season here, so that was piling on top.

It's still confined to 1 organ system (skin), so it isn't anaphylaxis. Even so, it looked like a mast cell reaction, a mechanical irritation, except it was also spilling over into making me more reactive to real allergies, which can happen. I began to suspect my needles and pen needles, which are honestly pretty poor quality, maybe the rubber stoppers, or some component common to all the products (my rather $$$$ Rx'd generic lira pen actually shipped from CN, so I strongly suspect it too is recon'd lyo'd pep).

I spoke with someone who'd had similar reactions and who took 5 days of high dose brand name Zyrtec antihistamine (4 pills a day, but do check with your doctor to make sure you're not missing or covering up increased anaphylaxis risk, which can be the case with those with atopic dermatitis or mast cell disorders, and mast cell disorders are apparently underdiagnosed since 50% of people with history of wasp sting anaphylaxis im one study turned out to have a mast cell clonal disorder ).

So, with my neffies within reach, I'm on day 3 of antihistamines and down to only 1.5mg of ghk, and I can report it has relieved my insomnia 🤣 and I'm less itchy, though new itchy welts keep appearing. I went back to topical hydrocortisone, which helps.

My next idea is to try ghk basic by itself, following the copper theory, but I'm somewhat concerned I may have to pause every injection so my mast cells can calm down, if literally everything sets this off.

Is anyone else reacting to ghk while also taking tirz? Tirz is probably quite effective at damping mast cell inflammation. If you take tirz and ghkcu, could you tell us whether you get any kind of isrs?

Anyone whose reaction is spreading should be very careful, and probably more careful than I've been. Antihistamines DO NOT treat or prevent anaphylaxis. Anyone who has had anaphylaxis before is likely at higher risk for another episode. Epi does not save everyone who gets anaphylaxis!
I’m using Tirz, and this is my 2nd time going through a ghkcu cycle. No isrs for me at all — I don’t even get that sting afterward that others mention. Still, it’s common knowledge that each person reacts differently to these things.
Back when I was microdosing tirz, a frozen shoulder I'd had for ages disappeared within a few days, just like that. How much tirz are you taking? I appreciate you sharing — sure, we all respond differently, but there are still some broad patterns!
 
Labcat said:


When I was on tirz, my longstanding residual frozen shoulder cleared up like magic a few days in microdosing. What dose of tirz are you on? Thanks for sharing even though we’re all different… there are some general trends!

Click to expand...
Not long ago I moved into maintenance, which meant switching from 5 plus 2.5 split across the week down to 2.5 once a week. That piece is still something I'm working out.
 
Sara360 said:


I started maintenance recently so I went from 5 and 2.5 divided up in a week to 2.5 weekly now. Im still trying to figure that part out though

Click to expand...
Nice to hear that a lower dose is already working well for you — that seems like a smart way to go. And please keep sharing how the ghkCu is treating you as you continue!
 
Calm Logic said:

According to a 2014 paper, you can combine copper and copper-free GHK at a 1:1 ratio, and it notes that using only the copper-free version works too:

GHK and DNA: Resetting the Human Genome to Health

GHK has a very high affinity for Cu(2+) (pK of association = 16.4) and can easily obtain copper from the blood’s albumin bound Cu(2+) (pK of association = 16.2). Most of our key experiments used a 1:1 mixture of copper-free GHK and GHK:Cu(2+). In wound healing experiments, the addition of copper strongly enhanced healing. However, others often obtain effective results without added copper.

Click to expand...

Google Gemini said:


By using a mixture that has more GHK than copper, you provide a "buffer". Any copper that might have caused a "sensitivity" reaction is instead snapped up by the extra GHK and turned into a protective, antioxidant complex. This is likely why the paper notes that GHK is safe and effective even without adding extra copper—it just uses what your body already has available.

If you use copper-free GHK, it will "strip" copper from albumin in your blood because its binding strength (pK=16.4) is higher than albumin's (pK=16.2). The authors used a 1:1 mixture of copper-free GHK and GHK-Cu to ensure a balance between immediate activity and the ability to interact with the body's natural regulatory molecules.

Using an excess of GHK ensures that there is zero chance of "free" copper floating around. Any extra copper in the environment is immediately "snapped up" by the empty GHK. f"Free" or "loose" copper is dangerous because it is chemically unstable and acts as a pro-oxidant. When copper ions are not safely "caged" (sequestered) within a peptide like GHK, they trigger a chain reaction of cellular damage.

Click to expand...

A couple of members here—@kmamz296 and @RadicalCrimson—have tried blends (50 copper : 9 basic, plus 1:1):

kmamz296 said:


I used to get awful ISR with 50/10/10 GLOW. It would take a few hours but would last the rest of the day… just persistent burning at the injection site. I know it sounds crazy… but someone on an old QSC telegram group suggested I add some GHK-Basic (so without the -Cu) to the combo and I’ve been adding ~9mg of GHK-basic and the ISR/burn is COMPLETELY GONE. Not sure if the GHK-basic is scavenging some free copper that causes the ISR or what. But adding a little GHK-basic has made GLOW easily tolerable for me

Click to expand...

RadicalCrimson said:


Same, I was doing fine at 5mg/day of GHK-Cu with 3 close injections (1/2" needle), but one night I randomly got the bad ISR back that required ice packs all night.

Now I've added GHK-Basic (5mg/day, same as GHK-Cu) to the blend, zero ISR at the full dose in a single injection.

Click to expand...

My own preference would be to skip the mix and go straight copper-free; blending looks like extra hassle, whether you combine in one syringe or inject separately. If anyone's wondering about cost, a copper blood test runs $11.34 through Fitomics and $27 through GoodLabs, while zinc testing is less expensive.

How copper-free sidesteps immune or allergy reactions:

Google Gemini said:


FeatureGHK-Cu (Copper Complex)GHK (Copper-Free)Primary Immune ActionImmunomodulatory. Attracts immune cells (macrophages, mast cells) to injury sites to kickstart healing.Anti-inflammatory. Primarily reduces pro-inflammatory cytokines and resets gene expression.Allergy Risk LevelHigher. Adds the potential for metal sensitivity (copper) and higher histamine activity.Lower. Fewer "moving parts" for the immune system to react to; no metal ions.Histamine InteractionKnown to stimulate mast cell migration. While this helps tissue repair, it can trigger localized itching/hives.Less likely to trigger acute mast cell responses; focuses on calming systemic inflammation.Metal SensitivityPossible Contact Dermatitis or systemic reaction if you have a copper or nickel sensitivity.None. Ideal for those with known metal allergies.Injection Site ReactionCommon. Known for "stinging" or "burning" and localized redness due to the copper ions.Rare. Usually very "smooth" and painless when reconstituted correctly.

Click to expand...
Great details 👍 👍 👍

Also, when GHK is combined with GHK-Cu, the stinging sensation goes away, since the unbound GHK "grabs" the surplus free copper that is typically one of the causes behind certain reactions and stinging. Additionally, KPV might share the same copper-binding ability as free GHK.
 
Calm Logic said:

A number of individuals choose to move over to GHK (sans the Cu/copper) and report no issues with it:

Labcat said:


all the reports about ghk basic I’ve seen have reported complete comfort

Click to expand...

As for me, my experience with GHK-Cu has been topical only up to now, due to these kinds of accounts involving the injectable form (even though the injectable form offers greater advantages). Good prices for the topical form can be found on PWGrove's site, and also at Uther's US warehouse (UtherPep).
Anyone know a source for GHK that doesn't have the Cu? I've looked but haven't come across it.
 
MeedzMoar said:

Calm Logic said:

A number of individuals choose to move over to GHK (sans the Cu/copper) and report no issues with it:

Labcat said:


all the reports about ghk basic I’ve seen have reported complete comfort

Click to expand...

As for me, my experience with GHK-Cu has been topical only up to now, due to these kinds of accounts involving the injectable form (even though the injectable form offers greater advantages). Good prices for the topical form can be found on PWGrove's site, and also at Uther's US warehouse (UtherPep).
Anyone know a source for GHK that doesn't have the Cu? I've looked but haven't come across it.
Haven't found it yet. When I looked through the web app for STG test results, the only thing that showed up was GHK-Cu.

For all GHK variants, GBBB is running a traditional (painfully slow) GB, and they're using a vendor that wasn't disclosed beforehand:

GHK Basic 50mg - $55

GHK-Cu 50mg - $55

GHK Basic 100mg - $85

GHK-Cu 100mg - $85

GHK-Cu Cosmetic - $7/gram

Click to expand...

Unless it's the topical version, that's probably a pass for me, since shipping is free on that one. The GB closes on the 20th.
 
Last week, PGB did include GHK basic in their STG listing. The price was $50 for 45 mg, with $30 for shipping — $80 altogether — though orders above $300 ship free.

Given that, GBBB's pricing comes across as quite attractive since shipping costs nothing (though it remains a traditional GB).
 
YD Peptide's GHK basic offering: a 50-mg kit runs $50, yet shipping costs roughly the same because there's no US warehouse.

Meanwhile, some folks dodge ISRs entirely by injecting subq into the hip (side of the butt) rather than the abdomen when dealing with spicy peptides—GHK-Cu (and KLOW) plus MOTS-c included. I gave it a go this morning with glutathione and it appears to work.
 
Back
Top