12mg Reta - Moving at a Snail's Pace

Alright everyone, the moment I started running my mouth, wouldn't you know it — this week I FINALLY FELT SOMETHING. Saturday I took 12.5mg of Reta, then .7mg of Cag on Tuesday, and my pulse went up (never happened to me before), I lost 3 pounds, and food holds zero appeal. What's the mechanism? What's the reason? Could be that simply voicing it was what I needed. Or could be that I botched the dosing. Saturday will tell, when I run it back.

Every time this lines up with cracking open a fresh bottle of bacteriostatic water too, though I figure that's probably meaningless. Still — what a shift.
 
Fluctuations in how these drugs hit you, or in how quickly the scale moves, are pretty normal over time. During my 70kg loss, there were stretches lasting up to a month where the numbers refused to budge, which is why I eventually grabbed a tape measure just to confirm my belly was still shrinking regardless. My guess is that shifts in drug response come down to small measuring errors — bubbles in the syringe and so on throwing off the exact dose. As long as your calorie intake is roughly what it was during the periods you were dropping weight, chances are you're still shedding fat.
 
Before I ever set out to shed pounds or discovered peptides, my weight kept climbing even though I was doing keto/carnivore and cutting my food intake further and further. A blood panel opened my eyes: my thyroid was shot, and on top of that my test levels were low. Once I began taking in a steady 1800 calories daily (and reintroducing carbs), which was actually more than I had been eating, the scale finally started moving downward... at a crawl. Adding Reta is what truly shifted things, and in my view it only worked because my most recent bloodwork showed T3 had returned to normal range. If I were you, I would get labs done to rule out low T3 as the culprit. Also, for any older guy like me attempting to drop weight, it is worth confirming your test levels are sufficient to back up that weight loss.
 
Prodigy217 said:

Hawk_recon said:

Prodigy217 said:

Hawk_recon said:

Prodigy217 said:

So far Reta hasn't done anything for me. Here's the whole timeline... What's going on? I'd welcome any input or advice.



Wk1 - 1mg - 278lbs

Wk2 - 2mg - 278lbs

Wk3- 2mg - 280.4lbs

Wk4- 2mg - 277.6lbs

Wk5- 3mg - 280lbs

Wk6- 3mg - 280lbs

Wk7- 4mg - 280lbs

Wk8- 4mg - 280lbs

Wk9- 6mg - 280lbs

Wk10- 6mg - 278lbs

Wk11- 6mg - 276.4lbs

Wk12- 8mg - 278lbs
Do you keep an eye on the calories you take in versus burn? When the scale won't budge, it means your calorie intake is too high. That's the ironclad law of this process.
Nope, calorie counting isn't something I do, and honestly it doesn't seem like I'm eating a ton. Though I could be wrong. Here's the thing: back when I used Sema and Tirz, tracking wasn't necessary either, and the weight started coming off in just the first 2 weeks on each. So I figured Reta would follow the same pattern...It didn't.
Reta definitely behaves unlike the others. For me, there was zero appetite suppression while on Reta, and after just a few weeks it completely quit doing anything. Tirz has worked out better in my case. That said, whenever someone isn't dropping weight, the very first thing they ought to do is track everything meticulously (sauces, dressings, and so on included) for a few weeks. 100% that will expose what's actually going on.
Thanks for sharing your perspective. I believe returning to Tirz is the best option for me.
My situation is fairly similar....10mg reta administered every 5 days, yet I'm constantly hungry. My weight hasn't budged for a month even though I hit the gym 4 times weekly and take a daily walk. Tirz simply works better for my body, and I'm not the only one. I'll forever stack 5 or 6mg reta alongside my 10-15 tirz since reta delivers such strong benefits for a1c, fatty liver, a faster metabolism, lipids, and more....
 
Back
Top