10 years sober alcoholic begins Retatrutide

dirtyharry

Explorer
Joined
Feb 25, 2026
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
Location
Alabama
Given how personal this subject is, I'll be sharing some private information so we can add to the collective anecdotal data on this remarkable peptide.

A bit of background:

For the past 10 years I've been working a program of recovery through 'Alcoholics Anonymous'. My sobriety date is January 1st, 2016, and at this point alcohol and drugs barely register for me. The urge to drink or use is absent. Like a lot of people here, my reason for trying Retatrutide was to improve my physique. During 9 of those sober years I carried extra weight. In 2020 I managed to drop some pounds by tracking calories, but I stopped and the weight returned. Come early 2025, I went back to counting calories with a sizable deficit. On top of that, I began training at the gym 5 days per week. A year on, that routine hasn't changed and I'm in the best shape I've ever been. Recovery has touched nearly every part of my life for the better. I'll skip the details that don't relate here, but I have a program that lets me address just about any problem that arises. Just about any.

Starting in 2025, I've been struggling with something I nicknamed "The Raccoon." No clue where the name came from, but it stands for a problem that nothing has been able to touch. I attend meetings, eat clean, lift weights, help others, sleep 8 hours, meet with a therapist weekly, stay in touch with family, and do plenty more. And still, this Raccoon sticks around. It doesn't show up often enough to derail what I'm doing, but it has pushed me to the brink of ending my life more than once.

The peptide path:

Like many of you, I first came across Retarutide on social media and the algorithm gradually drew my curiosity toward it. Eventually I decided to seriously research it. My goal was to drop more weight, since I'd already gone from 225lbs down to 190lbs but wanted to keep going. During my active addiction I knew the darknet, research chemicals, crypto and so on VERY well, so this world wasn't unfamiliar to me. I began on Reddit, but soon hit a wall because Reddit keeps tightening its rules around this kind of content. Years ago, info on where and how to buy research chemicals was everywhere. That's no longer the case. Anyway, I soon came across this fourm and connected with vendors. I placed my first order, learned how to inject correctly (back in the day I never got as far as shooting), and we were off.

Where I'm at now:

As I mentioned, my aim was further weight loss and getting leaner. I had no clue about how Retarutide acts on the dopamine reward center or that it might help alcoholics. My first dose of Retarutide was a little over a week ago, and as you'd expect, the obsessive food thoughts almost entirely vanished on just 1mg. It was amazing. But something even more amazing also occurred. That "Raccoon" I brought up earlier went quiet. For the first time, a personal problem I'd been facing to the point of suicidal thoughts was silenced. I was stunned, to put it mildly. It did eventually return, but its grip on me has been SIGNIFICANTLY weakened. That has opened up more room for me to work on it in therapy and with my support group. I can't say exactly why some random peptide meant for weight loss had such a deep effect on such a hard part of my life (beyond weight control), but it did.

I'm sharing all of this in the hope that it can shed more light on either alcoholism/addiction or GLP-1s. I intend to keep up my healthy habits with or without Retarutide, but this peptide has improved my life in more ways than one. Also, I'm still very early in this new chapter, so I plan to update this post as things come up.
 
In 2014 I reclaimed my own life. By the time I brought Reta into the picture, I had zero urge to go out and party. Are you looking for answers here, or are you simply telling your story? Also, congratulations on your stretch of time — that's huge.
 
dirtyharry said:

Given how personal this subject is, I'll be sharing some private information so we can add to the collective anecdotal data on this remarkable peptide.

A bit of background:

For the past 10 years I've been working a program of recovery through 'Alcoholics Anonymous'. My sobriety date is January 1st, 2016, and at this point alcohol and drugs barely register for me. The urge to drink or use is absent. Like a lot of people here, my reason for trying Retatrutide was to improve my physique. During 9 of those sober years I carried extra weight. In 2020 I managed to drop some pounds by tracking calories, but I stopped and the weight returned. Come early 2025, I went back to counting calories with a sizable deficit. On top of that, I began training at the gym 5 days per week. A year on, that routine hasn't changed and I'm in the best shape I've ever been. Recovery has touched nearly every part of my life for the better. I'll skip the details that don't relate here, but I have a program that lets me address just about any problem that arises. Just about any.

Starting in 2025, I've been struggling with something I nicknamed "The Raccoon." No clue where the name came from, but it stands for a problem that nothing has been able to touch. I attend meetings, eat clean, lift weights, help others, sleep 8 hours, meet with a therapist weekly, stay in touch with family, and do plenty more. And still, this Raccoon sticks around. It doesn't show up often enough to derail what I'm doing, but it has pushed me to the brink of ending my life more than once.

The peptide path:

Like many of you, I first came across Retarutide on social media and the algorithm gradually drew my curiosity toward it. Eventually I decided to seriously research it. My goal was to drop more weight, since I'd already gone from 225lbs down to 190lbs but wanted to keep going. During my active addiction I knew the darknet, research chemicals, crypto and so on VERY well, so this world wasn't unfamiliar to me. I began on Reddit, but soon hit a wall because Reddit keeps tightening its rules around this kind of content. Years ago, info on where and how to buy research chemicals was everywhere. That's no longer the case. Anyway, I soon came across this fourm and connected with vendors. I placed my first order, learned how to inject correctly (back in the day I never got as far as shooting), and we were off.

Where I'm at now:

As I mentioned, my aim was further weight loss and getting leaner. I had no clue about how Retarutide acts on the dopamine reward center or that it might help alcoholics. My first dose of Retarutide was a little over a week ago, and as you'd expect, the obsessive food thoughts almost entirely vanished on just 1mg. It was amazing. But something even more amazing also occurred. That "Raccoon" I brought up earlier went quiet. For the first time, a personal problem I'd been facing to the point of suicidal thoughts was silenced. I was stunned, to put it mildly. It did eventually return, but its grip on me has been SIGNIFICANTLY weakened. That has opened up more room for me to work on it in therapy and with my support group. I can't say exactly why some random peptide meant for weight loss had such a deep effect on such a hard part of my life (beyond weight control), but it did.

I'm sharing all of this in the hope that it can shed more light on either alcoholism/addiction or GLP-1s. I intend to keep up my healthy habits with or without Retarutide, but this peptide has improved my life in more ways than one. Also, I'm still very early in this new chapter, so I plan to update this post as things come up.
It is claimed that Glp1's work to suppress addictive behaviors,
 
Addiction runs in my family, and I'm one of them. The upside of knowing this from a very young age, and being brought up to assume I carried it too, is that I learned early how to spot when a substance posed a greater risk to me than to someone without that wiring. I didn't come through it completely unharmed, but I was fortunate enough to understand that I needed to stay away from narcotics, from anything commonly habit-forming, and from gambling, and to keep a close eye on how I used alcohol, so my life didn't take too much damage. Hoarding is something I struggle with, I smoke, my caffeine intake is absurd, and I'm largely recovered from codependence, with the rest of it managed.

Tirz eliminated the majority of my compulsions. Smoking is still with me, though I can picture a day I stop, when I go out I no longer have more than 1 beer, Tirzepatide and retatrutide are the only things I have any urge to hoard, and I no longer eat compulsively.

Actually, during my first 6 months on Tirzepatide, I found it hard to get myself motivated to do much at all, since acting on compulsions was all I had ever known. With those gone, my brain needed a while to adjust to doing things because "I'd like to" rather than because "I absolutely feel a need to."
 
dirtyharry said:

Given how personal this subject is, I'll be sharing some private information so we can add to the collective anecdotal data on this remarkable peptide.

A bit of background:

For the past 10 years I've been working a program of recovery through 'Alcoholics Anonymous'. My sobriety date is January 1st, 2016, and at this point alcohol and drugs barely register for me. The urge to drink or use is absent. Like a lot of people here, my reason for trying Retatrutide was to improve my physique. During 9 of those sober years I carried extra weight. In 2020 I managed to drop some pounds by tracking calories, but I stopped and the weight returned. Come early 2025, I went back to counting calories with a sizable deficit. On top of that, I began training at the gym 5 days per week. A year on, that routine hasn't changed and I'm in the best shape I've ever been. Recovery has touched nearly every part of my life for the better. I'll skip the details that don't relate here, but I have a program that lets me address just about any problem that arises. Just about any.

Starting in 2025, I've been struggling with something I nicknamed "The Raccoon." No clue where the name came from, but it stands for a problem that nothing has been able to touch. I attend meetings, eat clean, lift weights, help others, sleep 8 hours, meet with a therapist weekly, stay in touch with family, and do plenty more. And still, this Raccoon sticks around. It doesn't show up often enough to derail what I'm doing, but it has pushed me to the brink of ending my life more than once.

The peptide path:

Like many of you, I first came across Retarutide on social media and the algorithm gradually drew my curiosity toward it. Eventually I decided to seriously research it. My goal was to drop more weight, since I'd already gone from 225lbs down to 190lbs but wanted to keep going. During my active addiction I knew the darknet, research chemicals, crypto and so on VERY well, so this world wasn't unfamiliar to me. I began on Reddit, but soon hit a wall because Reddit keeps tightening its rules around this kind of content. Years ago, info on where and how to buy research chemicals was everywhere. That's no longer the case. Anyway, I soon came across this fourm and connected with vendors. I placed my first order, learned how to inject correctly (back in the day I never got as far as shooting), and we were off.

Where I'm at now:

As I mentioned, my aim was further weight loss and getting leaner. I had no clue about how Retarutide acts on the dopamine reward center or that it might help alcoholics. My first dose of Retarutide was a little over a week ago, and as you'd expect, the obsessive food thoughts almost entirely vanished on just 1mg. It was amazing. But something even more amazing also occurred. That "Raccoon" I brought up earlier went quiet. For the first time, a personal problem I'd been facing to the point of suicidal thoughts was silenced. I was stunned, to put it mildly. It did eventually return, but its grip on me has been SIGNIFICANTLY weakened. That has opened up more room for me to work on it in therapy and with my support group. I can't say exactly why some random peptide meant for weight loss had such a deep effect on such a hard part of my life (beyond weight control), but it did.

I'm sharing all of this in the hope that it can shed more light on either alcoholism/addiction or GLP-1s. I intend to keep up my healthy habits with or without Retarutide, but this peptide has improved my life in more ways than one. Also, I'm still very early in this new chapter, so I plan to update this post as things come up.
The hosts of the "peptide of the week" podcast are also in recovery. They've got their own peptide brand too. Not gray market pricing, though.
 
CNCCurrency said:

dirtyharry said:

Given how personal this subject is, I'll be sharing some private information so we can add to the collective anecdotal data on this remarkable peptide.

A bit of background:

For the past 10 years I've been working a program of recovery through 'Alcoholics Anonymous'. My sobriety date is January 1st, 2016, and at this point alcohol and drugs barely register for me. The urge to drink or use is absent. Like a lot of people here, my reason for trying Retatrutide was to improve my physique. During 9 of those sober years I carried extra weight. In 2020 I managed to drop some pounds by tracking calories, but I stopped and the weight returned. Come early 2025, I went back to counting calories with a sizable deficit. On top of that, I began training at the gym 5 days per week. A year on, that routine hasn't changed and I'm in the best shape I've ever been. Recovery has touched nearly every part of my life for the better. I'll skip the details that don't relate here, but I have a program that lets me address just about any problem that arises. Just about any.

Starting in 2025, I've been struggling with something I nicknamed "The Raccoon." No clue where the name came from, but it stands for a problem that nothing has been able to touch. I attend meetings, eat clean, lift weights, help others, sleep 8 hours, meet with a therapist weekly, stay in touch with family, and do plenty more. And still, this Raccoon sticks around. It doesn't show up often enough to derail what I'm doing, but it has pushed me to the brink of ending my life more than once.

The peptide path:

Like many of you, I first came across Retarutide on social media and the algorithm gradually drew my curiosity toward it. Eventually I decided to seriously research it. My goal was to drop more weight, since I'd already gone from 225lbs down to 190lbs but wanted to keep going. During my active addiction I knew the darknet, research chemicals, crypto and so on VERY well, so this world wasn't unfamiliar to me. I began on Reddit, but soon hit a wall because Reddit keeps tightening its rules around this kind of content. Years ago, info on where and how to buy research chemicals was everywhere. That's no longer the case. Anyway, I soon came across this fourm and connected with vendors. I placed my first order, learned how to inject correctly (back in the day I never got as far as shooting), and we were off.

Where I'm at now:

As I mentioned, my aim was further weight loss and getting leaner. I had no clue about how Retarutide acts on the dopamine reward center or that it might help alcoholics. My first dose of Retarutide was a little over a week ago, and as you'd expect, the obsessive food thoughts almost entirely vanished on just 1mg. It was amazing. But something even more amazing also occurred. That "Raccoon" I brought up earlier went quiet. For the first time, a personal problem I'd been facing to the point of suicidal thoughts was silenced. I was stunned, to put it mildly. It did eventually return, but its grip on me has been SIGNIFICANTLY weakened. That has opened up more room for me to work on it in therapy and with my support group. I can't say exactly why some random peptide meant for weight loss had such a deep effect on such a hard part of my life (beyond weight control), but it did.

I'm sharing all of this in the hope that it can shed more light on either alcoholism/addiction or GLP-1s. I intend to keep up my healthy habits with or without Retarutide, but this peptide has improved my life in more ways than one. Also, I'm still very early in this new chapter, so I plan to update this post as things come up.
It is claimed that Glp1's work to suppress addictive behaviors,

Once I began my Reta dose, that's when it clicked for me. I found it quite intriguing, and I'm eager to hear from more people who are dealing with addiction or recovery while also taking Reta.
 
BillGoldberg said:

In 2014 I reclaimed my own life. By the time I brought Reta into the picture, I had zero urge to go out and party. Are you looking for answers here, or are you simply telling your story? Also, congratulations on your stretch of time — that's huge.
I figured I'd throw in a bit of firsthand observation where there isn't much to go on, right? At minimum, I believed pairing Reta use with alcoholism would be worth a look.
 
dirtyharry said:

Given how personal this subject is, I'll be sharing some private information so we can add to the collective anecdotal data on this remarkable peptide.

A bit of background:

For the past 10 years I've been working a program of recovery through 'Alcoholics Anonymous'. My sobriety date is January 1st, 2016, and at this point alcohol and drugs barely register for me. The urge to drink or use is absent. Like a lot of people here, my reason for trying Retatrutide was to improve my physique. During 9 of those sober years I carried extra weight. In 2020 I managed to drop some pounds by tracking calories, but I stopped and the weight returned. Come early 2025, I went back to counting calories with a sizable deficit. On top of that, I began training at the gym 5 days per week. A year on, that routine hasn't changed and I'm in the best shape I've ever been. Recovery has touched nearly every part of my life for the better. I'll skip the details that don't relate here, but I have a program that lets me address just about any problem that arises. Just about any.

Starting in 2025, I've been struggling with something I nicknamed "The Raccoon." No clue where the name came from, but it stands for a problem that nothing has been able to touch. I attend meetings, eat clean, lift weights, help others, sleep 8 hours, meet with a therapist weekly, stay in touch with family, and do plenty more. And still, this Raccoon sticks around. It doesn't show up often enough to derail what I'm doing, but it has pushed me to the brink of ending my life more than once.

The peptide path:

Like many of you, I first came across Retarutide on social media and the algorithm gradually drew my curiosity toward it. Eventually I decided to seriously research it. My goal was to drop more weight, since I'd already gone from 225lbs down to 190lbs but wanted to keep going. During my active addiction I knew the darknet, research chemicals, crypto and so on VERY well, so this world wasn't unfamiliar to me. I began on Reddit, but soon hit a wall because Reddit keeps tightening its rules around this kind of content. Years ago, info on where and how to buy research chemicals was everywhere. That's no longer the case. Anyway, I soon came across this fourm and connected with vendors. I placed my first order, learned how to inject correctly (back in the day I never got as far as shooting), and we were off.

Where I'm at now:

As I mentioned, my aim was further weight loss and getting leaner. I had no clue about how Retarutide acts on the dopamine reward center or that it might help alcoholics. My first dose of Retarutide was a little over a week ago, and as you'd expect, the obsessive food thoughts almost entirely vanished on just 1mg. It was amazing. But something even more amazing also occurred. That "Raccoon" I brought up earlier went quiet. For the first time, a personal problem I'd been facing to the point of suicidal thoughts was silenced. I was stunned, to put it mildly. It did eventually return, but its grip on me has been SIGNIFICANTLY weakened. That has opened up more room for me to work on it in therapy and with my support group. I can't say exactly why some random peptide meant for weight loss had such a deep effect on such a hard part of my life (beyond weight control), but it did.

I'm sharing all of this in the hope that it can shed more light on either alcoholism/addiction or GLP-1s. I intend to keep up my healthy habits with or without Retarutide, but this peptide has improved my life in more ways than one. Also, I'm still very early in this new chapter, so I plan to update this post as things come up.
Nice work, dude. This month marks 11 years of sobriety for me. The way these drugs fight addiction is the real deal. I've come across firsthand accounts ranging from heroin users to gambling addicts who claim GLP-1's assisted them in kicking their habits.
 
Telecasted said:

dirtyharry said:

Given how personal this subject is, I'll be sharing some private information so we can add to the collective anecdotal data on this remarkable peptide.

A bit of background:

For the past 10 years I've been working a program of recovery through 'Alcoholics Anonymous'. My sobriety date is January 1st, 2016, and at this point alcohol and drugs barely register for me. The urge to drink or use is absent. Like a lot of people here, my reason for trying Retatrutide was to improve my physique. During 9 of those sober years I carried extra weight. In 2020 I managed to drop some pounds by tracking calories, but I stopped and the weight returned. Come early 2025, I went back to counting calories with a sizable deficit. On top of that, I began training at the gym 5 days per week. A year on, that routine hasn't changed and I'm in the best shape I've ever been. Recovery has touched nearly every part of my life for the better. I'll skip the details that don't relate here, but I have a program that lets me address just about any problem that arises. Just about any.

Starting in 2025, I've been struggling with something I nicknamed "The Raccoon." No clue where the name came from, but it stands for a problem that nothing has been able to touch. I attend meetings, eat clean, lift weights, help others, sleep 8 hours, meet with a therapist weekly, stay in touch with family, and do plenty more. And still, this Raccoon sticks around. It doesn't show up often enough to derail what I'm doing, but it has pushed me to the brink of ending my life more than once.

The peptide path:

Like many of you, I first came across Retarutide on social media and the algorithm gradually drew my curiosity toward it. Eventually I decided to seriously research it. My goal was to drop more weight, since I'd already gone from 225lbs down to 190lbs but wanted to keep going. During my active addiction I knew the darknet, research chemicals, crypto and so on VERY well, so this world wasn't unfamiliar to me. I began on Reddit, but soon hit a wall because Reddit keeps tightening its rules around this kind of content. Years ago, info on where and how to buy research chemicals was everywhere. That's no longer the case. Anyway, I soon came across this fourm and connected with vendors. I placed my first order, learned how to inject correctly (back in the day I never got as far as shooting), and we were off.

Where I'm at now:

As I mentioned, my aim was further weight loss and getting leaner. I had no clue about how Retarutide acts on the dopamine reward center or that it might help alcoholics. My first dose of Retarutide was a little over a week ago, and as you'd expect, the obsessive food thoughts almost entirely vanished on just 1mg. It was amazing. But something even more amazing also occurred. That "Raccoon" I brought up earlier went quiet. For the first time, a personal problem I'd been facing to the point of suicidal thoughts was silenced. I was stunned, to put it mildly. It did eventually return, but its grip on me has been SIGNIFICANTLY weakened. That has opened up more room for me to work on it in therapy and with my support group. I can't say exactly why some random peptide meant for weight loss had such a deep effect on such a hard part of my life (beyond weight control), but it did.

I'm sharing all of this in the hope that it can shed more light on either alcoholism/addiction or GLP-1s. I intend to keep up my healthy habits with or without Retarutide, but this peptide has improved my life in more ways than one. Also, I'm still very early in this new chapter, so I plan to update this post as things come up.
Nice work, dude. This month marks 11 years of sobriety for me. The way these drugs fight addiction is the real deal. I've come across firsthand accounts ranging from heroin users to gambling addicts who claim GLP-1's assisted them in kicking their habits.
Nice work, dude! I'm with you that GLP-1s could genuinely help uncover more about addiction. Sort of brings to mind a small joke someone shared at a meeting,

"If a pill ever came along that fixed addiction. . . I'd swallow 6 of them"
 
Truly, this is great to witness, my friend. A lot of us have gone through hard times and found ourselves chasing "weight loss solutions" almost blindly, trying to tackle what for plenty of us are long-standing, deep-rooted struggles...

But here's what matters: HEALTH IS WEALTH. When we make big changes to better how we look on the outside, those outcomes stem from a profound inner determination and concentration. A decision to keep going. Not to surrender. To persevere even when the odds feel impossible to overcome.

What you call "The Raccoon," I'd describe as indifference, doubt, or apathy. You felt like you were "doing the things," yet you questioned where fulfillment, happiness, success, and mastery really live, and maybe you also began to sense they aren't only found "in the rooms," but you weren't certain where else to direct your energy...

Regarding your question, YES, I think GLP-meds have been hugely helpful in how I handle substance use. I seldom want to drink, indulge, or go to the same extremes I might have without them. For me, the mental change matters even more than any physical sensation I get, good or bad, from the drug. The ideal, in my opinion, is being able to focus, commit, and keep up efforts to better yourself without being so tied to life's highs and lows.

Rather than having a rough day and thinking, Gee whiz, I'd enjoy a gin and tonic, that idea hardly comes to mind anymore, because I simply don't see alcohol, sweets, or excess as answers. I'm more thoughtful. I'm more driven toward reaching my goals. I'm more content with who I am both in the mirror and in my mind.

And although I'd never attempt to dismiss a spirit animal as mystical as my raccoon, I've realized he was always there nudging me to search deeper, even and particularly before I was truly ready to make the genuine changes required.
 
dirtyharry said:

Given how personal this subject is, I'll be sharing some private information so we can add to the collective anecdotal data on this remarkable peptide.

A bit of background:

For the past 10 years I've been working a program of recovery through 'Alcoholics Anonymous'. My sobriety date is January 1st, 2016, and at this point alcohol and drugs barely register for me. The urge to drink or use is absent. Like a lot of people here, my reason for trying Retatrutide was to improve my physique. During 9 of those sober years I carried extra weight. In 2020 I managed to drop some pounds by tracking calories, but I stopped and the weight returned. Come early 2025, I went back to counting calories with a sizable deficit. On top of that, I began training at the gym 5 days per week. A year on, that routine hasn't changed and I'm in the best shape I've ever been. Recovery has touched nearly every part of my life for the better. I'll skip the details that don't relate here, but I have a program that lets me address just about any problem that arises. Just about any.

Starting in 2025, I've been struggling with something I nicknamed "The Raccoon." No clue where the name came from, but it stands for a problem that nothing has been able to touch. I attend meetings, eat clean, lift weights, help others, sleep 8 hours, meet with a therapist weekly, stay in touch with family, and do plenty more. And still, this Raccoon sticks around. It doesn't show up often enough to derail what I'm doing, but it has pushed me to the brink of ending my life more than once.

The peptide path:

Like many of you, I first came across Retarutide on social media and the algorithm gradually drew my curiosity toward it. Eventually I decided to seriously research it. My goal was to drop more weight, since I'd already gone from 225lbs down to 190lbs but wanted to keep going. During my active addiction I knew the darknet, research chemicals, crypto and so on VERY well, so this world wasn't unfamiliar to me. I began on Reddit, but soon hit a wall because Reddit keeps tightening its rules around this kind of content. Years ago, info on where and how to buy research chemicals was everywhere. That's no longer the case. Anyway, I soon came across this fourm and connected with vendors. I placed my first order, learned how to inject correctly (back in the day I never got as far as shooting), and we were off.

Where I'm at now:

As I mentioned, my aim was further weight loss and getting leaner. I had no clue about how Retarutide acts on the dopamine reward center or that it might help alcoholics. My first dose of Retarutide was a little over a week ago, and as you'd expect, the obsessive food thoughts almost entirely vanished on just 1mg. It was amazing. But something even more amazing also occurred. That "Raccoon" I brought up earlier went quiet. For the first time, a personal problem I'd been facing to the point of suicidal thoughts was silenced. I was stunned, to put it mildly. It did eventually return, but its grip on me has been SIGNIFICANTLY weakened. That has opened up more room for me to work on it in therapy and with my support group. I can't say exactly why some random peptide meant for weight loss had such a deep effect on such a hard part of my life (beyond weight control), but it did.

I'm sharing all of this in the hope that it can shed more light on either alcoholism/addiction or GLP-1s. I intend to keep up my healthy habits with or without Retarutide, but this peptide has improved my life in more ways than one. Also, I'm still very early in this new chapter, so I plan to update this post as things come up.

UPDATE: A week has passed since I put up this post. The extent to which Reta has aided with my problem has dropped off a lot. It can still be felt, though nowhere near the level it was at when I first began. That's fine.

A theory I had was that if my "raccoon" issue is connected to my fixation on food, then maybe Tirzepitide (which hits food noise harder) might be able to assist with it. In any case, right now I have no plans to order any and test that out.
 
I've been sober for 17 years. Before switching to reta, I used tirz and clearly experienced anhedonia while on it—something I'm happy is no longer an issue. With reta, I haven't felt anything happening in "those" parts of my brain, nor any other mental changes. That said, I'm only taking a microdose (0.25mg/week), which could explain it. My reason for reta is prediabetes, not losing weight.
 
Reading your post is what brought me into this community. I've been waiting out the newb restriction just so I could reply.

My sobriety date is 10-1-2011. I'm active in all 3 pillars of recovery too, and a friend of Bill. Only within the past 5 years was I able to quiet my food obsession through my own recovery journey — the Steps applied to that part of my life, so to speak.

I appreciate how honest you've been; you've been on my mind all week. May your raccoon keep its distance, and may the message “you are wanted, needed, loved” travel from your head down into your heart.

I've only just begun ret and I'm uneasy about weight obsession. I started at 1mg as well, and the side effects have me wishing I'd gone with .5 instead.
 
Many happy returns @Telecasted! 11 yrs is no small thing. Good to find other people in recovery here.

Sobriety has been mine for 40 years now. The 18yo version of me would have laughed at the life I actually lead today. Cravings for drink left me long ago. Other things, though, I've chased and done compulsively across those years.

There's plainly a drop in the addictive and compulsive behaviour, and not only around food. Sema didn't do it for me; Tz does. I've also noticed better executive functioning and far less stewing over irritations that never deserved my time in the first place.

Glad to be walking this path alongside you.
 
Thanks for posting this. Same thing happened to me. My only goal with reta was to shed roughly 20 lbs, but a surprising side benefit showed up: my drinking stopped spiraling and I no longer reach for candy out of habit. It took a while to catch on, since it wasn't on my radar at all.

An addictive personality has its upsides for me — I perform well at work and keep my belongings in order — yet striking that balance has never been easy. When it isn't one compulsion, it's a different one. These days it's peptides… all of a sudden I'm itching to test around 10 separate compounds, WTH!!

Nice work Dirty Harry, hopefully you can at last set that racoon free into the wild!
 
Back
Top